Kemper users, do you prefer a real cab, "FRFR", or Kemper Kone?

Which of these three sound best to you?

• Total voters

Speedyone

Groupie
Alright guys, just got a new Kemper Stage.

I’d like to know if you all prefer one kind of speaker to play through with your Kemper gear.

Thanks for voting!!

Only play at home, but after trying a couple of monitors, Headrush ""FRFR"" and the Kabinet - I've solidly landed on both monitors and the Kabinet at the same time :) Wishy washy answer, I suppose, but there you have it.

The Kabinet is nice. It looks really pretty and can do both ""FRFR"" and guitar cab duties. It's pricey though...

If you don't need something for "FRFR" duty and just want guitar cab sounds, just use a guitar cab. The Kabinet's speaker modeling gets you a 1x12 sound, and if all you want is a 1x12 cab, just use a 1x12 cab.

If you don't need cab sounds and just want a "FRFR", just get a nice monitor. The Kabinet's a lot of money for a meh monitor.

I've been running my Kemper Stage through a pedal amp and standard guitar cabs from the beginning and have no interest in running it differently. I get exactly what I want and expect. It feels and sounds like a tube amp to me. Plus, I really don't need any more cabs, even though I've been drooling over a 2x10 for a while now.

I voted cabs…own a Kone…honestly not a strong opinion on the difference. It mostly sits in storage, my cabs are setup in my mancave so I can also use those with other stuff then the kemper.

Benefits of the Kone:
-less beam…handy live.
- does fullrange quite nice…which is great for acoustic guitars.

if neither is of your interest…regular speaker makes more sense tbh.

I haven’t been able to play my new Kemper Stage yet, because my guitar has been in the shop the last 3 weeks.

At home, I have an Orange 2X 10 open back cab, and a pair of AltoTS110 powered speakers.

With my Helix, I tried both systems, and WAY preferred the Orange cab.

I’m assuming I’ll feel the same with the Kemper, but I was mostly curious to hear from folks with the Kemper Kab if THEY thought it sounded as “good” or “typical” as a guitar cabinet.

:)

Powered Kemper through a real cab is :chef I think it is actually the best of the bunch in that regard :bag

With the right direct amp profiles this could be true. I actually use the Kemper power amp to test DA profiles made with Kemper, Tonex and QC.
Helix with a power amp is weird. I don't like it that way at all from one day to the next. FAS with a power amp is this oddball exercise in setting the levels and spending a bunch of time wondering if you should turn off poweramp modeling blahblahblah. Kemper is just hey; let's turn off the cab emulation on the speaker out. Done.
:farley

I'm about to find out!!!

This is going to be interesting!
IMG_1477 Medium.jpeg

I tried contacting KSR with some questions and got zero response. Probably won't be buying anything from them.

As for Kemper, I've been tempted, though I'm not sure how useful the effects on the Kemper are. The Stage does look intriguing though.

Curious to hear what you think!

Also I'm assuming that's the PA50 from KSR?

Yup! That it is!

I tried contacting KSR with some questions and got zero response. Probably won't be buying anything from them.

As for Kemper, I've been tempted, though I'm not sure how useful the effects on the Kemper are. The Stage does look intriguing though.

Strange! I would try again.
I contacted him a couple of weeks back and got a response in a few hours. Great guy and this is an absolutely solid product!

Yup! That it is!

Strange! I would try again.
I contacted him a couple of weeks back and got a response in a few hours. Great guy and this is an absolutely solid product!
Didn't get a response in a few days, and gave up on the idea of getting a 212 or 412, PA25 or PA50, and one or both pedal preamps. Oh well.

Back