Kemper Sounding Better Than Ever

texhex

Roadie
I just made a new profile of the Badlander Crush channel this morning and I have to say that this Kemper Rack on 10.1.2 is performing better than ever. Holy fuk this thing sounds so good. No Clouds, no 20+ minute capture process, no plugins, no guessing at level matching... just some tried and true hardware doin' it's thang!

I know that Kemper says they don't touch the Profiling algorithm during firmware updates, but I'm just thrilled about how my Profiles are turning out right now.

:chef :chef :chef :chef :chef 5 Chef's Kisses!

Killing It Jack Black GIF by FOX Teen Choice

I just made a new profile of the Badlander Crush channel this morning and I have to say that this Kemper Rack on 10.1.2 is performing better than ever. Holy fuk this thing sounds so good. No Clouds, no 20+ minute capture process, no plugins, no guessing at level matching... just some tried and true hardware doin' it's thang!

I know that Kemper says they don't touch the Profiling algorithm during firmware updates, but I'm just thrilled about how my Profiles are turning out right now.

Agreed. The recent Lab Series L5 profiles I made are sounding terrific.

I find when the Kemper is good, it’s very good. The overall process is hard to beat and it’s a pretty complete solution.

Its success largely comes down to how well the underlying base model matches what you are capturing. The more similar, the better the results.

When you are really familiar with the underlying “Kemper” sound it’s quite hard to unhear it. A lot of the time it’s not an issue, but it ultimately the tech has been replaced for me with the newer stuff.

I still like the Kemper for what it is but the newer stuff is just more appealing now, despite the extra hoops to jump through.

I really dig hearing people happy with their stuff. That's cool, man. I wish I could try your BL cap. I love me some BL.

I think his point that Kemper needs to be in some way opened up to an open source user network to produce ever evolving process improvements is likely a non applicable ‘solution’. Just because the end results for both is a profile/capture/etc of an amp sound doesn’t mean they work the same way.
He is just guessing there is some way to keep advancing the quality of the Kemper process and it is quite possible the hardware and or software is at its highest potential already.

Back