JVM GAS is easy. Till you start drilling down

JiveTurkey

Goatlord
TGF Recording Artist
Been digging in quite hard on the FAS JVM and this guy is on the radar for really no useful reason. Once you start digging into prices, different models and what is desirable or not desirable; it becomes very easy to abandon the thought :unsure:¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The struggle is real.

A JVM410H popped up for a great price here recently. As I was messaging the seller it went from listed to sold 🥴

The struggle is real.

A JVM410H popped up for a great price here recently. As I was messaging the seller it went from listed to sold 🥴
I have been keeping my eye on a JVM410c locally, but at almost 80 lbs, my back hurts just thinking about those awesome tones trapped in there waiting to get out.

That head still weighs close to 50 lbs...

I actually bought my latest FM3 mainly to have an excellent JVM emulation again. The real JVM410H, which I had for a short time, annoyed me so much with its noise that I honestly prefer a digital version. To be honest, I hardly use any other amp model in the FM3. The JVM does everything I want it to do.

It took a considerable amount of willpower for me to not nab one when they did that flash sale for $2,199 over the holidays. (Almost free right?)

I’ve probably grown numb to amp prices, because I look at the JVM in this market and don’t think it’s too wild. (Granted there is always the Marshall tax baked in)

The FAS models make it pretty easy to ignore the gas and save the cheddar. They’re great.

On one hand; it would be nice to have my Mesa, 5150 AND Marshall bases covered at home. For playing at quiet jam room volumes :oops: I'd never end up gigging it because it's too wide for my gigging cabs. So that kind of keeps it easy to not purchase :nails

It took a considerable amount of willpower for me to not nab one when they did that flash sale for $2,199 over the holidays. (Almost free right?)

I’ve probably grown numb to amp prices, because I look at the JVM in this market and don’t think it’s too wild. (Granted there is always the Marshall tax baked in)

The FAS models make it pretty easy to ignore the gas and save the cheddar. They’re great.
$2199 "flash price" for a JVM? Holy fuck. Here in Germany they are available for basically half the price (VAT & shipping already included).

Last edited:
I had been watching these for years and even tried to trade a Badlander at a local MusicGoRound for a 2017 JVM410H but they wouldn't do it.

I scored this one for $1425! ($1623.26 after tax and shipping) insane price and felt like it was meant to be so I pulled the trigger.

I had been watching these for years and even tried to trade a Badlander at a local MusicGoRound for a 2017 JVM410H but they wouldn't do it.

I scored this one for $1425! ($1623.26 after tax and shipping) insane price and felt like it was meant to be so I pulled the trigger.

Brand new $3199 :wat:wat:wat:wat

$2199 "flash price" for a JVM? Holy fuck. Here in Germany they are available for basically half the price (VAT & shipping already included).

Yeah we pay a big Marshall tax in the states. $2,199 for a new JVM is actually a great deal, they are regularly $3,199 🤪

Been digging in quite hard on the FAS JVM and this guy is on the radar for really no useful reason.
Pretty OT but i think you bring up something interesting… amp builders I think are right to be concerned that modelers ding amp sales BUT for me I’ve bought amps because I thought they were ones I liked in the modeling world so it could be not so hard of a ding.

I still kick myself for not grabbing a used JVM410H head that was at Long & McQuade in Canada for $1499, which amounts to about $1100 US. :oops:

But I would be buying it to use in my band, not home recording or anything, and it is pretty big and heavy to be taking back and forth to practices, gigs, etc. Just can't beat my smaller Dyne head at 23" and 43 lb with ungodly amounts of power, for that sort of thing.

But that was a damn good deal and I probably should have jumped on it.

I've been playing my amps out these last few years with some modeling in the mix. It's nice to have both options certainly. Even when you are using one or the other sort of "outside it's intended best-usecase scenario" This weekend we play for the first time at a new venue and I am probably going to just rock the FM3 into my FR12 this first go round.

Back