Just used Manage Presets in my FM and unintentionally wiped out all of my presets

I’ll be honest, I wipe the presets (and user cabs) on my Fractal stuff a couple times a year. I have a bad habit of building new presets when I want to try something else, and then save an alternate version, and before I know it there’s two dozen random presets made up. On the cab side, I have a bad habit of loading hundreds of cabs I never use.

Last week, I did another clean wipe and just loaded the “Mix 01” for all the York Audio cabs I have in the user slots, then wiped all my presets to keep it a lot simpler. We’ll see how long that lasts.

Fortunately I backup my FM9 every few days, but I have gotten screwed by "manage presets" before.

Actually, "import preset" is worse IMO. I didn't realise that it would just write over the preset that you're currently in, without warning - so I lost my main preset the first time I used it :facepalm

I’ll be honest, I wipe the presets (and user cabs) on my Fractal stuff a couple times a year. I have a bad habit of building new presets when I want to try something else, and then save an alternate version, and before I know it there’s two dozen random presets made up. On the cab side, I have a bad habit of loading hundreds of cabs I never use.

Last week, I did another clean wipe and just loaded the “Mix 01” for all the York Audio cabs I have in the user slots, then wiped all my presets to keep it a lot simpler. We’ll see how long that lasts.
Yes. I always end up with a bazillion variations on the same thing and have to be very mindful of my preset naming conventions so I know what preset I am actually using at a given time.
Fortunately I backup my FM9 every few days, but I have gotten screwed by "manage presets" before.

Actually, "import preset" is worse IMO. I didn't realise that it would just write over the preset that you're currently in, without warning - so I lost my main preset the first time I used it :facepalm
I almost did this yesterday but dodged a bullet. I ended up with like 4 working presets up front (including a bass one I started messing with yesterday) and then the atmospheric presets in the last 128 slots in case I feel like being kooky. I never see them unless I scroll that direction. Otherwise; simple and clean is the normal view.

I did some IR clean up last week after getting a couple new York packs, got rid of the majority of the OH/ML IR’s because there’s just so f*cking many I loaded in when I first got the III and I haven’t gone back to use them since discovering York’s. I really only want all the York mixes and the minimal phase IR’s, generally just the mics I dig. Much cleaner and efficient. I color coded the heavy IR’s but need to do it again for me boomer tones.

For all the heavy presets I generally have 2-4 copies of it for each guitar and for the Strat presets I have 2 of each preset for each Strat, even though they’re fairly interchangeable. Hahah I get a kick out of it when I load up a preset I made when I first got it, they almost always sound like straight sh*t.

I did some IR clean up last week after getting a couple new York packs, got rid of the majority of the OH/ML IR’s because there’s just so f*cking many I loaded in when I first got the III and I haven’t gone back to use them since discovering York’s. I really only want all the York mixes and the minimal phase IR’s, generally just the mics I dig. Much cleaner and efficient. I color coded the heavy IR’s but need to do it again for me boomer tones.

For all the heavy presets I generally have 2-4 copies of it for each guitar and for the Strat presets I have 2 of each preset for each Strat, even though they’re fairly interchangeable. Hahah I get a kick out of it when I load up a preset I made when I first got it, they almost always sound like straight sh*t.
I honestly wish I could remove all the IRs entirely :bag I need to dig into color coding I think. I have the Boss IRs, some good ones from LT and Michael Nielson and that's about it.

I honestly wish I could remove all the IRs entirely :bag I need to dig into color coding I think. I have the Boss IRs, some good ones from LT and Michael Nielson and that's about it.

Ahem….pretty sure someone sent you a couple two or three about a year and a half ago. ;)

Ahem….pretty sure someone sent you a couple two or three about a year and a half ago. ;)
No I mean those are the ones I use and have actively loaded. I have a metric TON out in digital space. But none I want taking up "valuable" IR slot real estate :chef

I actually a bunch from LiveReadySound that are :love I should do some digging on those again

Wow. You beauty! That's awesome!

I haven't been using snapshots. I will try to get into the habit. Cooper was right - I wasn't using that feature.

I tend to rework 2 or 3 main presets and that's all I use and tweak, so snapshots would be very helpful.
There are a lot of helpful videos on the G66 YouTube page. Cooper Carter and Leon Todd have a lot of videos there.

Back