Jeff Beck has passed away

:( can't believe it

61BDs4BsmML._AC_SY679_.jpg

From time to time I would try to copy his style a little because he did influence me off and on. Did some guitar playing for a guy awhile back and this is what came out of it. I don't know if you can hear the jeff beck influence or not but I can. Jeff had a way with his phrasing like he was talking to you and I tried to capture that in this.

From time to time I would try to copy his style a little because he did influence me off and on. Did some guitar playing for a guy awhile back and this is what came out of it. I don't know if you can hear the jeff beck influence or not but I can. Jeff had a way with his phrasing like he was talking to you and I tried to capture that in this.

Damn thats very Beckish wow !
:chef

What a loss. :(

Heard it on the radio on the way home from a roadtrip gear safari. Fuck.

Do you guys think he was the most uncompromising and artisitically credible of all the
Guitar Heroes? He just did his thing. Never sought the limelight. Never joined a big band,
and in fact left more than one big band when they were becoming too popular.

He carved his own path. Almost like a Jazz guy weilding an electric guitar in a rock vein.

Wish he would have played a Tele more. He shined on a Telecaster!

I've never heard a jeff beck song in my life, but he was an integral part of so much of my training as a guitar tech...so many things were like "ok this is how we setup jeff beck's _____". The name was ever present, but in the days of needing to buy any music that I was ever to hear, it never reached the point where I would have bought it over something else.

Where should I start, now with the magic of the internet, songwise to be introduced to what the guy actually played?

Back