JCM800, Not from the Modeler or the Amp You Would Think!

Love it, man! I'm sorry that you have to suffer through the logistical nightmare that NDSP has put upon third-party content creators selling their wares, BUT I'm glad you forged forward anyway.

You have such amazing stuff to offer either the Kemper, Tonex or Quad Cortex community. Glad to see you starting with a firebreather of a Friedman amp!

Love it, man! I'm sorry that you have to suffer through the logistical nightmare that NDSP has put upon third-party content creators selling their wares, BUT I'm glad you forged forward anyway.

You have such amazing stuff to offer either the Kemper, Tonex or Quad Cortex community. Glad to see you starting with a firebreather of a Friedman amp!
I was kinda surprised how well these turned out. Not because it's a bad amp but because I made them quite some time ago and had not really tested them as I was moving from amp to amp pretty fast.

I actually think the jcm model in the QC is pretty good.

I loaded it up and compare to these. I was thinking it's probably just the stock cab limiting the model so I added the captured cab to the model and it was pretty good, then I switched to the capture with the capture cab and my eyes opened!

Last edited:
I was kinda surprised how well these turned out. Not because it's a bad amp but because I made them quite some time ago and had not really tested them as I was moving from amp to amp pretty fast.

I actually think the jcm model in the QC is pretty good.

I loaded it up and compare to these. I was thinking it's probably just the stock cab limiting the model so I added the captured cab to the model and it was pretty good, then I switched to the capture with the capture cab and my eyes opened!

Which cab and mic did you use in the clip above?

Which cab and mic did you use in the clip above?
This one started with an Eminence DV77 mic'd with an old Shure 545SD and Beyerdynamic M160.
That JEL amp seems to be an absolute beast. Love it.
I like it a lot. It has a Plexi side also that is fire. To some extent the two sides can blend as they use the same poweramp but the gain is quite different between the two.

The issue with the amp is there is a 4th preamp tube which I think is like a factory hot mod and it can be pretty noisy. I roll all the pre tube I have to find one that was acceptable.
There are mids on master of the puppets! That would probably cut live so not original. Sounds awesome.
Haha, yeah, I was comparing to the original tone when considering what to present and decided to just go with my preference.

Last edited:
Back