Jazzmaster Much?

Tonally, for sure. Not so much with that Hum, though, eh? :hugitout

I didn't even know hum-cancelling JM pickups were a thing. :idk

@la szum Kinmans arrived sooner than expected. Pretty damn quick from the Philippines for this time of year actually.

Thought I'd put them in quickly tonight.

Of course I'd forgotten what a PITA the JM wiring is (if you're also replacing pots, cap). Still doing it. 😡

kinman_fatmaster_extra_back.jpg

kinman_fatmaster_extra_front.jpg

Last edited:
Holy Hi-Tech! I am not sure I have ever seen a JM Pickup like that.

I sure hope they are everything and a bowl of Hum-free Cherries for you. :beer

Haha. There's literally nothing quite like these.

Whether or not they sound like angels banging is still in question, however. I don't think I'll manage to get the heights adjusted to a pleasing level before bedtime though (especially with this forum habit!). So it's gonna be delayed gratification here. Or disappointment, ofc.

Hopes still running high!

Now I want to know what "Angels banging" sounds like. :unsure:

Is it like a pulsating Uni-Vibe drenched in Shimmer-Verb or something? :idk

And when did you become so raunchy and risque, JD? :beer

Now I want to know what "Angels banging" sounds like. :unsure:

Is it like a pulsating Uni-Vibe drenched in Shimmer-Verb or something? :idk

And when did you become so raunchy and risque, JD? :beer

I learned the phrase from Rolly Foster elsewhere a couple of years ago. IIRC he was talking about an amp at the time, but it made me laugh. And stuck with me, for some strange reason.

UPDATE

@la szum These Kinman's rock! Best my Jazzmaster has ever sounded.

And the quietest guitar I've ever owned. There is no noise whatsoever. What a contrast: Noisiest guitar to silent.

But here's the really amazing trick that Kinman has pulled off: They sound like the most Jazzmastery pickups ever! Wow.

I didn't want to post last week because I've been fiddling a great deal with pickup height and I didn't quite have the tone that I was looking for, but now I do. All my listed pickup goals have been met.

Chris' pickups are expensive, but I now believe that they are worth it 🙂

Last edited:
Bet your JM with those new PuP's into a Carol Ann or Two rock something EoB must be awesome !!

Bet your JM with those new PuP's into a Carol Ann or Two rock something EoB must be awesome !!

It's seems to be loving the Fender Concert with the Bassman DynaCab right now! I have the Tube Spring and Mono BBD in front with the option of some Fuzz Face for taking things over the edge.

UPDATE

@la szum These Kinman's rock! Best my Jazzmaster has ever sounded.

And the quietest guitar I've ever owned. There is no noise whatsoever. What a contrast: Noisiest guitar to silent.

But here's the really amazing trick that Kinman has pulled off: They sound like the most Jazzmastery pickups ever! Wow.

I didn't want to post last week because I've been fiddling a great deal with pickup height and I didn't quite have the tone that I was looking for, but now I do. All my listed pickup goals have been met.

Chris' pickups are expensive, but I now believe that they are worth it 🙂

That's awesome, JD! :banana

Pickup swaps (like speaker swaps) can be such a crapshoot! I am tickled to hear
you have landed in new territory that jives with you so much. :beer

@jellodog did you change the Avatar yet ?

This is the absolute truth: I can't stop playing the Jazzmaster + Axe-Fx. I can't put it down to do anything else productive today :rofl

I just stopped for a moment. I will try to put it down now.

EDIT: Done!

Last edited:
This is the absolute truth: I can't stop playing the Jazzmaster + Axe-Fx. I can't put it down to do anything else productive today :rofl

I just stopped for a moment. I will try to put it down now.

EDIT: Done!
Doesn't get any better to spend time on a Sunday

:beer

Back