Jazzmaster Much?

It belonged to a dude that did Vegas shows. They had crazy colors going on.

Attachments

• BMG Jazzmaster.jpg
    BMG Jazzmaster.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 33
@DrewJD82 You have to ask yourself though - what makes it a Jazzmaster?

I can answer that, although some of the criteria are shared by the Jaguar:

1. The unique Jazzmaster pickups
2. The offset body (the Jaguar body outline is nearly identical, but for a few mm here and there)
3. The Fender offset vibrato unit with rocking bridge (Also Jaguar)
4. Rhythm circuit (Also Jaguar).

If you start removing those things and maybe just keep the body shape - is it still a Jazzmaster?

TBH, I find the body shape so comfortable that I will make a Jazzcaster one day (Tele with Jazzmaster body shape). So yeah, it's fun to mix it up.

Hahahahha well, I didn’t even realize that those weren’t P90’s in Jazzmasters until that message, but regardless, I’m not hellbent on installing pickups in my guitars that’ll piss other people off. Next I’m going to install a Dimarzio X2N in a Martin D28.

..... but regardless, I’m not hellbent on installing pickups in my guitars that’ll piss other people off.

Liar! :rofl

Truthfully, I think we should all just do what makes us happy----even if it actually won't. :idk

We adults. :beer

Besides, I am trying to own my opinions with as much conviction and tenacity as JT, so I have
to practice somewhere. :wat

Hahahahha well, I didn’t even realize that those weren’t P90’s in Jazzmasters until that message, but regardless, I’m not hellbent on installing pickups in my guitars that’ll piss other people off. Next I’m going to install a Dimarzio X2N in a Martin D28.

For clarification, I meant to say I'm NOW hellbent on installing pickups in my guitars that'll piss people off. That typo makes a world of difference! :rofl

Liar! :rofl

Truthfully, I think we should all just do what makes us happy----even if it actually won't. :idk

We adults. :beer

Besides, I am trying to own my opinions with as much conviction and tenacity as JT, so I have
to practice somewhere. :wat

I didn't see this until after I saw my typo, so in this case, you're right :rofl

@Eagle Looking at your photos again. The pole pieces look quite dark - are they aged? And perhaps even degaussed a little to sound less bright and more vintage?

What's the story behind these pickups and the guitar?

@la szum

Supreme levels of hypocrisy incoming!

So yes, I'm one of those people that likes to point out on forums such as this that it ain't a proper Jazzmaster if it doesn't have JM pickups.

But I'm getting tired of the high levels of hum from my JM when my Cutlass is just so quiet. I guess I just fancy a change too and I don't want to be dropping more cash on an entirely new guitar when I've already got 2 guitars that already play well (apart from the hum).

So I'm thinking of putting a couple of ✨ Lollar Firebird ✨ pickups in my JM.

Would I be excommunicated? Would it be cool? Yay or nay?

I mostly play neck and middle, so the fact that Firebird neck pickups sound way nicer than Firebird bridge pickups doesn't bother me so much.

You do what makes you happy, JD! I only kid about being a Gear Blasphemer to pass the time. :LOL:

Back