It's Here. DG-335 Dave Grohl Signature Epiphone

la szum

Goatlord

000a74bf42asDJz1qYFmdZUCLlCiW5WUKZw9gKhe.wm-lh.jpg

At the end of the day, none of the Epiphone looks or feels good enough to justify the jump above $700. If the fingerboards didn't look like they were split from some vine growing in my garden and the electronics were more consistently soldered/assembled, MAYBE...but $1300 is right in the used Eastman ballpark and too close to the new Eastman ballpark.

At the end of the day, none of the Epiphone looks or feels good enough to justify the jump above $700. If the fingerboards didn't look like they were split from some vine growing in my garden and the electronics were more consistently soldered/assembled, MAYBE...but $1300 is right in the used Eastman ballpark and too close to the new Eastman ballpark.

Yeah..... $1300 is a little high for me and Boudoir Guitar's Garden Laurel Fretboard. 🤣

Guild is using Rosewood on the $899 Kim Thayil Polara. :idk
I can’t figure all of this out - I thought the move was related more to regulatory fears than price? Maybe those didn’t pan out but some of these folks are still stuck with a mountain of laurel (WHAT HAPPENED TO MY GARDEN?!?!)

This was my exact thought when I played a bunch of Epi LP Custom’s a few weeks back and is exactly why I’m not chomping at the bit to try one of the non-art Adam Jones sigs.

All this said, I paid I think $450 or my Epi SG, and despite the fact I never know if the neck pickup is going to give output or not without some jiggling, and despite the "is this compressed mulch?" fingerboard feel...I love that thing for that kind of money.

Looks pretty cool, nice to see him get a signature. I don’t really have any interest in Epiphones though. Quality hasn’t been there for the price IMO.

Back