It's been a rough two years

I feel your pain, man. My cover band survived 17 years all of us having kids and juggling stuff - including all of the pandemic.

The pandemic was also the seed for our destruction, unfortunately, since we moved rehearsals to our singer/bassist's house so we could distance (we basically sat on top of each other for 15 years in my music room/studio).
Which encouraged said bandleader (not me, I'm the dick in the metal band) to drink. A lot. To the point of uselessness. We stagger through the last year, and with a fill-in drummer and one guitarist missing did a gig last summer that guaranteed us at least one big-time festival gig this year.

Bassist/singer/bandleader sends a text to everyone in June saying he's done, he just wants to jam in his garage, and to cancel the gig we busted our ass to get. Two guys who've been friends with him for years agree. The other three of us (including my wife) have varied reactions - one guy quits bands entirely, my wife pretty much does the same.

I still have Division, so I'm the only "winner", here, I think? I mean, I could go get another gig - I suck but there's a lot of guys around here getting paid to suck worse - but why? It's not like anyone pays you, anyway.

Anyway, I understand where you are, although at least no one died (yet) in my world.

I haven’t met a man yet who hasn’t suffered from this bullshit. I’m talking about the craziness of locking down and isolating people. Rearranging all the societal norms also takes its toll.

Substance abuse is through the roof.

Smoke break time … :clint

I haven’t met a man yet who hasn’t suffered from this bullshit. I’m talking about the craziness of locking down and isolating people. Rearranging all the societal norms also takes its toll.

Substance abuse is through the roof.

Smoke break time … :clint

I haven't played with other human beings basically since the pandemic hit. I'm sure I'm not the only one and this is not good. I hate it.

I've done a couple of rehearsals but then I had to quit the band because I moved to a different town.

The band was struggling to stay together anyway because of the usual issues between members and the pandemic didn't do any good to the mental health of some of them.

I've moved in this town an year ago but still haven't found the right band. Is not easy to find a band in a new place.

Last edited:
Opera? Was it in Latin and I missed it??? :LOL:

I just love the message/lyrics in that song. Carry on! Regardless of what happens
to us, or through us, or because of us.... just carry on. And sometimes, in spite of all
evidence to the contrary, when there is no reason to carry on.... just carry on. :beer

Sorry for the TED talk highlight/lowlight. ;)

Opera? Was it in Latin and I missed it??? :LOL:

I just love the message/lyrics in that song. Carry on! Regardless of what happens
to us, or through us, or because of us.... just carry on. And sometimes, in spite of all
evidence to the contrary, when there is no reason to carry on.... just carry on. :beer

Sorry for the TED talk highlight/lowlight. ;)
It's a great song that transcends generations. Carrying on is exactly what I'm trying to do. Three gigs lined up with the new band for next month and I've learned all 4 different versions of all of their songs (the version I find, the version they listen to, the version they try to play, and the version they actually play).

It's a great song that transcends generations. Carrying on is exactly what I'm trying to do. Three gigs lined up with the new band for next month and I've learned all 4 different versions of all of their songs (the version I find, the version they listen to, the version they try to play, and the version they actually play).
Lol at the different versions of the songs. Ha.

That's every cover band I've ever worked with. ;)

Back