Is Walrus punking us?

Sounds like you want something with variable impedance.

Nah, not really. The VS Audio thing is even creating its own fixed impedance environment.
Thing is, I want (or, due to the architecture of my board, even need) to run a fully buffered system. First thing my guitar hits is a buffered device (Hotone Soulpress II Wah/Vol) and I have no plans to ever put it in a loop to bypass its buffer. So all drives should rather work under those conditions, otherwise they're not for me.

Are people's graphic EQ pedals failing left and right?
Mine succeeds going up and down :poop:
1680182229809.jpeg

Nah, not really. The VS Audio thing is even creating its own fixed impedance environment.
Thing is, I want (or, due to the architecture of my board, even need) to run a fully buffered system. First thing my guitar hits is a buffered device (Hotone Soulpress II Wah/Vol) and I have no plans to ever put it in a loop to bypass its buffer. So all drives should rather work under those conditions, otherwise they're not for me.
Boss FZ-1w.

I like the concept but the sliders look like a terrible idea. Walrus is a neat company but they always seem a bit off. The ARP-87 I had was cool but mix knob didn't go high enough and it was missing a tempo knob. The Ages pedal I tried was also cool but the clean blend didn't work super well (should fade between clean and gain, not just blending in clean).

I would much rather have seen Walrus release updated pedals for their originals that includes stereo. I'd totally put together a board with a stereo ARP v2, Julianna, and stereo Fathom.

Seems to be nothing really special about them, just a series of ”basic” stuff. Was it JHS that started that? With those white pedal?

I guess it’s natural for the makers to do that when the luxury/boutique/fancy/trend/hip segments gets so saturated they start seeing a decline in interest. Then people become more interested in basic no frills stuff…
Boss perfected the whole utilitarian thing. I imagine most pedal makers respect what they've done, and would love to create a bit of that magic in their own pedal lines. These Walrus pedals are certainly trying to come across as a no frills, basic kind of design, but the control options look to be on par with 99% of pedals out there.

Boss perfected the whole utilitarian thing. I imagine most pedal makers respect what they've done, and would love to create a bit of that magic in their own pedal lines. These Walrus pedals are certainly trying to come across as a no frills, basic kind of design, but the control options look to be on par with 99% of pedals out there.

Pretty much agree.

I'm sure they still desperately wanted to incorporate something different and stand out from the crowd, but had no ideas besides...? Sliders.

Might be a pathetically unpathetic move.

Oh NO! Sliders on a pedal. Say it isn't so.

Idk what this thread is really about..., mostly because I'm totally content with what I have, and therefore don't pay much attention to whatever else is out there..., but as for crap getting into those slots and making the slider function scratchy, yeah that's a thing with electronics: Every now and again ya gotta spray some of that electronic cleaner down into 'em. The volume pot of my 4 yo guitar needs it right now. Not a big deal.

And at least with faders, you can get that spray cleaner into where it needs to go pretty easily. Some pots I've tried to clean are quite resistant to allowing the liquid to get inside, so it can do its work. So at least there's that. The design that allows crud to get in there easier in the first place..., well at least it's also easier to clean it out.

But beers and all kinds of other bar-patron bodily fluids and such..., I'd be re-thinking where I'm playing if that's an actual issue. Or installing some sort of plexiglass-like shield over my pedalboard at the least. And keep that fleshlight away from your gear!! :facepalm

Back