Is there anything special about Boss delays?

Disclaimer - Boss fanboy here.

6We2uR4l.jpg

Just curious, when was the last time you tried a DS-1? It's most people's first pedal, and plugged into their first amp, yeah total bees in a box. But in front of a tube amp thats slightly breaking up? Killer pedal, and like Fuzzy Ace mentioned, its all over recordings we've heard a million times. Some other favorites of mine when it comes to Boss dirt:

SD-1 Super OverDrive - like an aggressive Tube Screamer
OD-3 OverDrive - responds to how you attack the strings, haven't met another pedal that feels so amp-like
FZ-2, FZ-3, FZ-1w Fuzz - killer fuzzes (Super Fuzz, Fuzz Face / Tonebender MK1.5, and the WAZA is a unique lil beast)
BD-2 Blues Driver - perfect low gain OD
JB-2 Angry Charlie - Marshall JCM in a box with a Blues Driver, tons of options

I think I am still traumatized from running Boss dirt in front of cheap solid-state amps in my youth. :facepalm

My old SD-1 is the best Overdrive for pushing a tube amp I have ever owned. That's never going anywhere. :beer

I feel like almost every Boss effect I’ve used (including models of Boss effects) has an “It just works” quality to it. By that, I mean that if I’m playing in a rock/pop band with a traditional rig, I can plug in their delays and sound reliably good with little fuss. But for ambient music and other recording applications I like to play around with other stuff.

Back