Ik multimedia Arc Studio - ARC 4

just made a calibration, and the software crashed right at the end without saving the file. 30 minutes wasted=the joys of being a customer of IK.

Bug reported to IK, fully looking forward to a shrug of the shoulders and nothing being done to help. My options now are basically take a 30 minute gamble every time I need to do a new measurement. I wish IK took bug's and customer service seriously, they're one of those companies who have been told repeatedly by customers where they are not doing well, and IK basically tell everyone they're wrong rather than doing something about it. How bad does the customer experience have to get before IK shakes it up and improves things?
I can undertstand your frustration. When I do captures, I do one, then I will close the software and re-spawn for the next. I've had crashes This seems to catch most of problems. Having said that, overall, I think they try. With the tonex software, people complain about the UI but little things do keep getting adjusted so they are watching. They do some things well and others not so much. The main strong point for me is that they offer decent products at very competitive pricing. Cons: a ridiculous email helpdesk. I always have to remind myself they only have about 200 employees.

They do some things well and others not so much. The main strong point for me is that they offer decent products at very competitive pricing. Cons: a ridiculous email helpdesk. I always have to remind myself they only have about 200 employees
This is it in a nutshell with IK.

Pro's:

They do make products that customers are in demand for.
They price them very affordably.
They mostly deliver what they are supposed to, the results often compare with products much more expensive

Con's:

They rush products for launch that aren't properly tested or ready
They often miss obvious features or design flaws that should have been dealt with prior to release
The upgrade policies are borderline insulting to existing customers
Customer service is some of the worst I've encountered (I have nearly 1000 3rd party plugins on my studio computer and deal with a lot of companies - I'm not saying based on emotion)
Bug fixes are inconsistent and rarely fix everything. I own IK products almost across their entire line and I don't think any of them are truly stable.

I was just going to add too, before I bought ARC 4, I also demo'd DIRAC Live. That software is much more expensive, the HW options are more confusing and the software is much less intuitive to use, which is ultimately why I didn't buy it. But I did speak with their customer service who were prompt and helpful with replies, they actually helped me achieve what I wanted with the software (which required tweaking a config file in text edit) and the results were very good. They also extended my demo (without me having to ask) so I could actually trial it the way I wanted to, and checked in with me to see how I was getting on. They have some features beyond what ARC is capable of and is closer to what Trinnov does (at lower cost). I'm still not sure it would have been a better option than ARC for me but I think they are well worth considering. Its easy to rant on forums when things don't go well, but when people go above and beyond its worth recognition.

1717875987717.png

and another crash right on hitting save after doing a bunch of measurements. absolutely infuriating.

Do I message support just so I can be gaslit? I'm not sure their support has ever actually helped with anything, any fixes have come with updates months after reporting issues.

and another crash right on hitting save after doing a bunch of measurements. absolutely infuriating.

Do I message support just so I can be gaslit? I'm not sure their support has ever actually helped with anything, any fixes have come with updates months after reporting issues.
Don't waste your time. They are absolutely f'n clueless and couldn't care less.

I appreciate you sharing your experience with this product.

I appreciate you sharing your experience with this product.
I hope its providing some entertainment/someone to laugh at.

I'm absolutely exhausted but wanted to try and get this measuring out the way. I did a quick "7 point" measurement but my OCD won't allow me to use that when I know a 21 point one is slightly more work once but benefits in the long run.

Just went through it all, half in a daze. Curve at the end looked suspiciously weird - I'm sure I forgot to bypass the previous ARC correction (which it does warn you to do, but wont do automatically).

Hopefully I have the energy to give it one more go tonight.

I hope its providing some entertainment/someone to laugh at.

I'm absolutely exhausted but wanted to try and get this measuring out the way. I did a quick "7 point" measurement but my OCD won't allow me to use that when I know a 21 point one is slightly more work once but benefits in the long run.

Just went through it all, half in a daze. Curve at the end looked suspiciously weird - I'm sure I forgot to bypass the previous ARC correction (which it does warn you to do, but wont do automatically).

Hopefully I have the energy to give it one more go tonight.
It’s a product that caught my eye and I take to heart real world experiences.
Hopefully all goes well during your next attempt 👍

Back