If You Could Have A Signature Amp Who Would Build It, And What Would It Be??

I pretty much got mine:

So many options that you can configure it to be exactly what you want, plus my very own headshell design which, granted, is derivative, but I spec'd the colours, the pattern etc.

IMG_20220906_152459_(3000_x_1233_pixel).jpg

IMG_20220906_152534_(3000_x_1459_pixel).jpg

Single channel high gain Marshall (voiced similar to JVM’s OD2 orange), 30-50W, medium or lunchbox size, built-in noise gate, OD and reactive load with a V30 impedance curve. Important: It would not have the usual continuous potentiometers but stepped controls (for example from 1-10 in 1/2 steps) for everything.

I'm very surprised we haven't seen either a clone or a preamp pedal (mass produced) for that amp.

Urban Dictionary disagrees…
I was going say… umm, that’s a sexual innuendo if there ever was one, LOL. (Maybe more “slang term” than innuendo, but still…)

I was going say… umm, that’s a sexual innuendo if there ever was one, LOL. (Maybe more “slang term” than innuendo, but still…)

There's probably something like a law of mathematics. The fewer people have heard of a particular innuendo, the more disgusting it is.

Also, it's always a fun game to think up a random word or phrase and see how corrupted Urban Dictionary makes it.

It’d either be Mesa or Friedman.

4 channels-
1-Fender Clean
2-JTM45/Bassman Breakup
3-Chugga chugga w/ a 3-way switch that changes the voicing of the amp from a Friedman JJ/5150/MarkIV
4-Lead that’d most likely be Mark flavored

Stereo effects loop, everything MIDI assignable and a built in, self-cleaning fleshlight.

PERFECT!

I'm very surprised we haven't seen either a clone or a preamp pedal (mass produced) for that amp.

That AION FX build is the only LAB style preamp I know of. Not too many out there, but this certainly gets good reviews.

I guess it's still a very niche-y amp.

That AION FX build is the only LAB style preamp I know of. Not too many out there, but this certainly gets good reviews.

I guess it's still a very niche-y amp.

I did see that, looks interesting. But is it for sale or just a circuit/schematic?

What about a Ron Jeremy signature amp.

Let's face it, he's stuck and tested his tone in so many speaker's 'boxes' surely he knows the right 'box' to tick to build his amp.

His 'tone' may not be in the music charts but it's in the charts for those in the know.

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Being more serious..for a moment.

If only this ever really saw the light of day it would have been a game changer.

Last edited:
What about a Ron Jeremy signature amp.

Let's face it, he's stuck and tested his tone in so many speaker's 'boxes' surely he knows the right 'box' to tick to build his amp.

His 'tone' may not be in the music charts but it's in the charts for those in the know.

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Being more serious..for a moment.

If only this ever really saw the light of day it would have been a game changer.

Paging Santial...................................URGENTLY.

View attachment 1992

In 2006, after more than two decades in the making, Caswell Amplification was officially born (backstory is important here). Through Caswell Amplification, Tim's (Caswell's) objective is to build a premium line of guitar amps in fulfillment of his career-long vision for amplifier design: to combine the signature tone, vintage feel, and modified circuitry of the vaunted #39 with the pioneering technology, sleek functionality, and unmatched versatility of his real-time-controllable motorized morphable preamp innovation, and programmable classic amp circuits. “The waiting” can be the hardest part, but in the case of this ‘08 incarnation of Caswell Amplification’s "NUMBER 39", time served has muscled-up its potent functionality, and most importantly, sweetened the sound–your sound (that you will never have to hunt for again; like the wounded famished, feverish creature you find yourself becoming when a sound isn't RIGHT! Or has summoned up the audacity to lose itself yet again!). Never lose sight of another groove. Sacrifice no sound quality to realize total recall of tone, feel, and response.

F E A T U R E S / S P E C S
Motorized pots for complete programmability and totally analog signal path.
Easy to use programmer section with blue backlit LCD.
Bidirectional multiple parameter control with midi continuous controllers.
128 preset locations; programmable functions include 6 classic amp circuits: 1959 bright, 1959 normal,
MK2 master, MK2 master with Stage 1 #39, MK2 master #39GL, MK2 master #36.
"Amp Tech" edit mode allows for creation of new custom amp circuits.
Relay switching - no solid state devices in signal path. Specially built Mercury Magnetics® transformers.
4 EL 34 power tubes, 4 12AX7 preamp tubes.
Hardware bypass effects loop. 50/100 watt mod

Did he not build those to order?

I'm in essence having my signature amp being built for me now by Key @ Iron Horse Amps. The base is his Copperhead amp with some options to my requested specs. He ended up doing a bit of a redesign on the preamp circuits and is using my build as the prototype for a standardized production model. I built the headshell myself and also designed the faceplate; even has my signature on it and everything. If all goes accordingly it should be getting finished up in the next couple of weeks.

1667000598197.png

1667000625879.png

1667002148555.png

I'm in essence having my signature amp being built for me now by Key @ Iron Horse Amps. The base is his Copperhead amp with some options to my requested specs. He ended up doing a bit of a redesign on the preamp circuits and is using my build as the prototype for a standardized production model. I built the headshell myself and also designed the faceplate; even has my signature on it and everything. If all goes accordingly it should be getting finished up in the next couple of weeks.

View attachment 2013
View attachment 2014

View attachment 2018
Looks GREAT! Congrats to you.

Pulling this description out of my :poop: Here's what i think I want :bag

Simulclass power amp 45/90 like our friends at MB. Single channel that can go from clean(enough) to facemelt using the gain knob(s). Presence controls, FX loop. Built in load. In my mind; something like an OG 5150 preamp section. No idea how it would mate with the simulclass. Also; have it be the size of the small box MB heads.

View attachment 2013
View attachment 2014

View attachment 2018

I LOVE the black and green scheme.

Of course, that means you need to buy one of two of these-
iu

iu

Back