I Wish Gibson would F*#k off with this crap

paisleywookiee

Rock Star
“The whole situation is obviously disappointing, but it's due to my own negligence,” Williams tells Guitar World.

“I’d been operating under the false notion that headstock shapes were the only trademark-able shape on a guitar, but had I done a little research I would’ve found that’s not the case. I respect Gibson’s desire to protect their intellectual property and am behaving as the cease and desist ordered.”

Looks like the builder Nepco is looking at it as a positive opportunity to do a soft refresh of the brand and start pushing original designs instead.

:idk

7y8yli.jpg

Seriously, assholes? You think a fucking Danolectro V is confusing for your customers?

I've got zero desire to support these assholes anymore.

I sold my last 3 Gibsons this past Summer and will look for alternatives going forward. I won't be another
unless I can make $$ flipping it.

All 3 of them had nagging issues that bugged the fuck out of me anyways.

And Mark Agnesi as the face of the Gibson marketing machine interviewing all of these Boomers
with their massive "collections" does nothing for me.

There is NOTHING Rock-n-Roll (rebellious, revolutionary) about amassing a 7 or 8 figure
"collection" of Gibsons." Not. One. Mother. Fooking. Thing.

Gibson is The Man now. :LOL:

And Mark Agnesi as the face of the Gibson marketing machine interviewing all of these Boomers

There is NOTHING Rock-n-Roll (rebellious, revolutionary) about amassing a 7 or 8 figure

Oh, while IDGAF who owns them, I love seeing those collections just for the guitars themselves. I love vintage guitars and with the recent realization I actually really dig Les Pauls, I’m catching up on 30 years of not paying attention to any of them, those vids have been good spank material.

Gibson has sort of always been that though. They were never the rebellious revolutionary company, that was Fender. Gibson was kind of the sophisticated choice for serious professionals. In the '50s they were the solid body guitar alternative for the old stuffy jazz players who rolled their eyes at the kids playing Rock & Roll

FTR; I LOVE flying Vs. That headstock and pickguard on the Danelectro are an absolute abomination. But I would never confuse for a Gibby because of that fact. Among others.

Using your legal rights to protect IP is a monopoly?
Absolutely!! It is the very definition of the rights afforded to a holder of intellectual property rights!! The usual theory in copyright and patent is "By offering a monopoly as a carrot, we will inspire folks to innovate and share their innovation with the world (see the inception of IP rights in America dating back to Thomas Jefferson). Never have I heard anyone argue that the monopoly right itself is a good thing because it inspires people to innovate.

Trademark (the only thing Gibson is relying on in these cases) is consumer-centric, not rights-holder-centric. We offer trademark protections specifically to protect consumers from buying Chibsons labeled as Gibsons.

Back