I Wish Gibson would F*#k off with this crap

Sure, but they should’ve lost their right to defend It when they chose not to, decades prior.
Maybe so. But if they don't fight for it, then they're basically saying "we don't care about our intellectual property enough to protect it."
If they don't, then everyone would make a copy and in some cases a much better one, and possibly more affordable one. Fender was smarter and they do or did license a lot of their design stuff out which really solidified their iconic designs imo.

Maybe so. But if they don't fight for it, then they're basically saying "we don't care about our intellectual property enough to protect it."
If they don't, then everyone would make a copy and in some cases a much better one, and possibly more affordable one. Fender was smarter and they do or did license a lot of their design stuff out which really solidified their iconic designs imo.
My point was they didn’t consistently fight for it in the past. either get pissed at everyone, or don’t do so at all.

My point was they didn’t consistently fight for it in the past. either get pissed at everyone, or don’t do so at all.
I agree. They should have been more on it way back when. Not saying I agree with their tactics or public relations strategies, but I certainly can't blame them for protecting their brand.

They should have started at day 1
Not many years later 👎
Unfortunately, this is what happens when corporations run things instead of people/musicians. Might as well get use to it considering the garbage on the radio that pays the bills and makes the most money in the music industry.

Maybe before, Gibson felt there was enough business to go around and/or less manufacturers to compete with. Now with numerous relatively no-name Chinese guitar manufacturers throwing out decent starter guitars for chump change, they felt they needed to try and put a stop to it where possible. It seems they have a history of going after the competitors that are actually building quality instruments that may be better than what Gibson is putting out.

1694438975586.png

They deserve thumbs down for many different reasons, but I'll never forgive them for buying Cakewalk from Roland just to to discontinue it and throw it into the bin. Cakewalk is the music software that I have been using through all its iterations since 1988 when it was a simple MS-DOS MIDI Sequencer, with the 8-Bit Sound Blaster1.0. Fortunately, it was finally purchased by that Singaporean Billionaire that is seriously investing in the development and offering it for free.
Look Whos Talking Now Omg GIF

Last edited:
View attachment 10746
They deserve thumbs down for many different reasons, but I'll never forgive them for buying Cakewalk from Roland just to to discontinue it and throw it into the bin. Cakewalk is the music software that I have been using through all its iterations since 1988 when it was a simple MS-DOS MIDI Sequencer, with the 8-Bit Sound Blaster1.0. Fortunately, it was finally purchased by that Singaporean Billionaire that is seriously investing in the development and offering it for free.
Look Whos Talking Now Omg GIF
Bandlab, yeah. That dude just loves music stuff; Sonar and Heritage are just his hobbies. Oh, to be a billionaire. :rofl

Seriously, assholes? You think a fucking Danolectro V is confusing for your customers?

I've got zero desire to support these assholes anymore.
Totally agree. Thats why I have not bought any Gibson guitars or anything they sell since 2010.

Gibson need to focus its power on better QC and better products. Going after other brands will not make them more money at all.

Back