I want to have Jason Sadites baby

This whole thread has 4chan vibes
Exactly.
c7e670055d826e29da9064cc4161a7f2.gif

I like him. I don't watch his vids. I can't stand the "I put a 160 as mic and then dial the freshness/bite back in with EQs" and the compressor at the end. Compressor at the end feels like playing a bubble gum amp when digging in (which is a big part of Rock and Metal if you ask me). That "pumping" it does when a big fat powerchord is ringing out is just... Uargh.

It's funny how people have such different approaches and create such a vastness of different tones. I am definetly glad for his vids bc obviously for many people (boomers, let's face it) the tutorials work and so the Helix as platform thrives and grows. It's just not my cup of tea.

I like him. I don't watch his vids. I can't stand the "I put a 160 as mic and then dial the freshness/bite back in with EQs" and the compressor at the end. Compressor at the end feels like playing a bubble gum amp when digging in (which is a big part of Rock and Metal if you ask me). That "pumping" it does when a big fat powerchord is ringing out is just... Uargh.

It's funny how people have such different approaches and create such a vastness of different tones. I am definetly glad for his vids bc obviously for many people (boomers, let's face it) the tutorials work and so the Helix as platform thrives and grows. It's just not my cup of tea.

Definitely an interesting approach, and he did come up with a lot of good techniques when Helix didn't have the best cabs and EQ blocks.

Definitely an interesting approach, and he did come up with a lot of good techniques when Helix didn't have the best cabs and EQ blocks.
Exactly this. Not everything has to fit my world view (or in this case: Helix view) to be important and useful (to others).

I think there are some wires getting crossed. In this video, he is not showing you to make a pumping breathing compressor mess. Yes, theswe are often undesired side effects of massive compression.

This video is showing how to get rid of the problems you are describing. That is the point of parallel compression

I've watched this thing a number of times. My eyes always glaze over and I zone out. If I have to do this to enjoy a modeler; I am out 100%. Weird crap like this and wasting 6 out of the 8 available blocks on weird eq tricks is not something I am going to do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ At this point; you don't have to either. If we are keeping track.
Split Crossover, anyone?

Great player, never cared for any of his tonal results. IMO, just over complicating a unit that rewards simple tweaking with good tone. All in the name of views.

Back