I want to have Jason Sadites baby

Speaking of Eastwood...

Watched a few Eastwood flicks again over the weekend. Dirty Harry for the bazillionth time and True Crime for (I believe?) the first time. That middle period between 60 and like 78 where Clint was trying to still be a sex symbol was awkward af in film form :wat:rofl
My wife genuinely fancies Eastwood.

Not young Eastwood like a normal woman though. She's into the old one. Gran Tourino years. Hmmm... she's Asian too, so I wonder if she's got some sort of abuse fetish. Ahem.

Man, I started watching Dead Ringers on Prime yesterday…..to be fair, it gives you warning up front you’ll be seeing childbirth stuff, but I nearly lost whatever contents were in my stomach when it started. They uh….were effective in traumatizing me. :rofl
I quote that movie every time I open a bottle of wine and nobody ever gets the reference. Cheers. :D

Wne-Opener-in-box_5000x.jpg

I've watched this thing a number of times. My eyes always glaze over and I zone out. If I have to do this to enjoy a modeler; I am out 100%. Weird crap like this and wasting 6 out of the 8 available blocks on weird eq tricks is not something I am going to do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ At this point; you don't have to either. If we are keeping track.
I cannot echo or scream this enough. If the end result is a great tone, well, okay, but, I don't have the patience to deal with that, and I don't remember having 4 eq pedals and compressors in my chain when I'm using an amp, so . . .

So Bob, are you a compressor slut?:bag

I think I am. Usually when I "discover" something i think is completely awesome, it doesn't work as good the next day and jamming out this morning is practically giving me a woody. I still haven't tried it with high gain but I don't do much of that these days unless you consider vintage Motley Crue and such "high gain" some would, some don't.

Being some kind of a DAW nut, I actually tried all kinda things compressions on guitars as well, for certain mixing purposes they help to a) keep transients under control and/or b) sort of glue some things together (can work nicely on doubled guitars).
But for actual playing stuff, I only use them for either that typical country-esque squash or (at rather mellow settings) to add some more "meat" (aka decay) to leads. The latter is actually *the* to-go-to thing on my pedalboard, I have a dedicated Mooer Yellow Comp for that pupose only.

Fwiw, I find "final" (as in "end of the signal chain") compressors to be pretty difficult to deal with live, as they all f**k around with things when you do whatever kind of volume changes before the signal hits them. And I do those pretty often.

Being some kind of a DAW nut, I actually tried all kinda things compressions on guitars as well, for certain mixing purposes they help to a) keep transients under control and/or b) sort of glue some things together (can work nicely on doubled guitars).
But for actual playing stuff, I only use them for either that typical country-esque squash or (at rather mellow settings) to add some more "meat" (aka decay) to leads. The latter is actually *the* to-go-to thing on my pedalboard, I have a dedicated Mooer Yellow Comp for that pupose only.

I think part of why I am loving it so much is I have poor technique and it corrects that for me, if that makes sense. I'm not ashamed to admit that. It's why tools exist. We use them to help us get a job done or fix things. I haven't enjoyed just playing for the sake of playing this much in awhile.

Oh wait, I just realized there's a new series (on Prime, as you say) as opposed to the original film. So it's likely nobody gets the reference still.

Anyway... #awkwardatparties.

Hahaha we covered the Cronenburg (sp?) stuff in here, I got it!

I think part of why I am loving it so much is I have poor technique and it corrects that for me, if that makes sense.

Well, if it was that (which I can't tell), a pre-compressor would likely make much more sense than a post-compressor.

Well, if it was that (which I can't tell), a pre-compressor would likely make much more sense than a post-compressor.

I'm sure that helps too. What I know is since I made this discovery my playing sounds much cleaner and articulate. I didnt get that even keeping gains down and eq'ing thing. It also feels the way I like an amp to feel.

Back