I want to have Jason Sadites baby

If I have to do this to enjoy a modeler; I am out 100%. Weird crap like this and wasting 6 out of the 8 available blocks on weird eq tricks is not something I am going to d
Me neither, I tried a bunch of those "pro tips" when I first got the Helix. They all do "a thing", but none of it had any magic for me. Normal chain always worked for me.
I did struggle with speakers, and then just gave up and switched to IRs. That changed with new speaker models.

using EQ and compression<using the right amp and IR for what you’re trying to do

having compression as part of the tone is a different thing, but when it’s used as a “make it better” thing I almost always turn it off. Can’t stand tones that have too much unnecessary processing going on, anything on the tone should have a very purposeful reason for being there.

I've watched this thing a number of times. My eyes always glaze over and I zone out. If I have to do this to enjoy a modeler; I am out 100%. Weird crap like this and wasting 6 out of the 8 available blocks on weird eq tricks is not something I am going to do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ At this point; you don't have to either. If we are keeping track.

As Trooper said above though it's pretty simple and easy I just never thought to put a parallel comp and a LA Studio POST AMP. It really brought things together for how I like to hear and feel low-mid gain stuff. I havent tried it on high gain yet but I am guessing it's going to be too much compression.

I'm not sure why but I've never been able to get a compressor to work for me in helix. I'll muck about with one for a while and will get it sounding ok but once I turn it off to compare it bypassed I immediately think "That's much better"

I actually went back to 3.50 because I was having all kinds of bug issues
Bummer. Hope you resolve it soon. I think since they made the Princess, the open back cabs have got more of a thing I like that I think helps with the clean sustain.

Could be all in my head, but then again, so is everything.

Bummer. Hope you resolve it soon. I think since they made the Princess, the open back cabs have got more of a thing I like that I think helps with the clean sustain.

Could be all in my head, but then again, so is everything.

I love the Princess with the 112 US Deluxe cab. problem is I dont really have a use for it in what I do.

This was the absolute missing ingredient for my low-mid gain patches. Goosebumps galore at band volumes. My oh my! At the very least maybe he will marry me.

TL;DW

Is he recommending overly compressing and then using the Mix control in the compressor block to let a little dry signal back in?

I’ve seen a lot of Helix owners use this approach. Maybe they learned it from him. 😂

It's just standard "New York" a.k.a. Parallel Compression though, isn't it? Studios have been doing that for decades.

Or is this something else?

(I didn't watch the whole thing either)

It's just standard "New York" a.k.a. Parallel Compression though, isn't it? Studios have been doing that for decades.

Or is this something else?

(I didn't watch the whole thing either)
No idea. With compression, I usually just twist the knobs (or sliders) until I like what I hear. 😂

Whoever said you can't build a plentiful patch if the Poly Capo is in there... pffft.

1682981515780.png

Back