I want a Mesa Flux Drive.

JT, how’s the plumes? I need to watch some demos. The price is nice. You still jonesin for the flux? I might have to grab one if I see one at Gibson Garage
It's good? It seems to do like 3 things to my ears at least. Volume push, sizzle and some drastic tone shifts on the extreme ends of the sweep. The volume push is like a ROAR if you smash it up loud. The sizzle is just an added sheen on top of the gain. I don't feel like it's adding gain some much as some liquid on top of things. The tone knob seems fairly tame unless I crank it.

I am still on the fence whether stacking an OD on a gain channel is for me or not. I kind of feel like the Joyo OCD clone with level cranked and gain just barely up is the best out of the Plumes/Caline Timmy Clone/OCD selection I have to pick from. Might be good to find a variant that's a little more robust? I will say with it that the tone is too heavy for the purpose I am going for. So who knows?I liked the Klon on the FAS (as well as the Minotaur on the HX) boosting the Badlander so I might dig in that direction too?

It's good? It seems to do like 3 things to my ears at least. Volume push, sizzle and some drastic tone shifts on the extreme ends of the sweep. The volume push is like a ROAR if you smash it up loud. The sizzle is just an added sheen on top of the gain. I don't feel like it's adding gain some much as some liquid on top of things. The tone knob seems fairly tame unless I crank it.

I am still on the fence whether stacking an OD on a gain channel is for me or not. I kind of feel like the Joyo OCD clone with level cranked and gain just barely up is the best out of the Plumes/Caline Timmy Clone/OCD selection I have to pick from. Might be good to find a variant that's a little more robust? I will say with it that the tone is too heavy for the purpose I am going for. So who knows?I liked the Klon on the FAS (as well as the Minotaur on the HX) boosting the Badlander so I might dig in that direction too?
The new mxr superbadass dynamic od is out now. OCD copy

The new mxr superbadass dynamic od is out now. OCD copy
I picked up a JRR OCD clone per Bill's recommendation. LP/HP switch as well as the bypass switch. Still a cheapie but his praise and that LP/HP switch sold me on it :satan

What Mesa pedal do you recommend?

Honestly, I don't. I think there are better offerings elsewhere. Besides Mesa makes such a wide range of amps
it would be hard to nail any of those with a pedal. Marks and Rectos and Lonestars are all very different things.

They do make a stand alone 5 band EQ pedal that can do a lot to shape and colour existing gear. Putting that
in a loop of an amp can really give you a lot of things you couldn't get with just the amp alone.

BoogieEQ-large.jpg.auto.webp

Honestly, I don't. I think there are better offerings elsewhere. Besides Mesa makes such a wide range of amps
it would be hard to nail any of those with a pedal. Marks and Rectos and Lonestars are all very different things.

They do make a stand alone 5 band EQ pedal that can do a lot to shape and colour existing gear. Putting that
in a loop of an amp can really give you a lot of things you couldn't get with just the amp alone.

The MF’ing price on that thing makes me cringe though. Three hundo, really Mesa, really…

Heading back to the nuke pedal makers thread…

The MF’ing price on that thing makes me cringe though. Three hundo, really Mesa, really…

Heading back to the nuke pedal makers thread…
Exactly. If it was a Mesa in a Box… then sure. But I don’t think they can or will deliver that. Seems like a great opportunity for boutique pedal builders. RIAB $250

I’m not looking for Mesa in a box. I have a mark v, along with a Dsl100 hr, and a little 15 watt tweaker head. I will most likely be using it to add some more snarl to my dirty channels

I’m not looking for Mesa in a box. I have a mark v, along with a Dsl100 hr, and a little 15 watt tweaker head. I will most likely be using it to add some more snarl to my dirty channels
Yeah this is the distinction. I have a Mesa. I want something of quality that will compliment the Mesa tone.

A buddy elsewhere recommended the Fulldrive 2 as a good 2 gain stage alternative. Didn't you just pick one up?
If someone walked up to me with a plumes and offered a trade for my Fulldrive 3, I’d probably do it right now. I need to mess around with it more before I write it off

Back