I Just Wanna Say...

I feel the same @TSJMajesty!

It took a long time to get there, and there was A LOT of tweaking for many months - I was learning the unit, and learning what I liked and exploring the amps and getting to know how to get what I wanted out of it. And of course some firmware updates took the device closer to what I was looking for.

Finally, the Dyna-Cabs happened too, so there was a little more tweaking and experimentation there.

I was worried for a while that I was going to be doing that "tweaking a modeller" thing forever, but now I'm in that same place - I have a tone that I like in my main preset and I can just enjoy it.

Now I just turn it on and enjoy; don't bother connecting my laptop for FM9-Edit or whatever.

Last edited:
As for me When I first got the FM9 was a lot of exploring but im pretty sure i now know what works, that being said there is tweaking involved because of the songs I chose to do have such wide variety of tones, there will always be tweaking, but my 2nd preset for my current song came in really quick (much faster than id have to tweak my Helix) No disrespect intended

My Next ones will also be very diverse but I cant say that i hate tweaking my FM9

as you see the tones are quite varied

• Gary Moore - Parisienne Walkways (Revstar II Mod & FM9 ) )= Completed & Recorded

• Journey: Any way you want it (Yamaha Revstar II & FM9 ) In Progress

• Van Halen Aint Talkin bout love ?(Charvel Dk22 & FM9)
2023-2024

• Black Sabbath: Fairies Wear Boots / Neon Knights? (Fractal FM9 & Godin P-90 Summit)

• Van Halen: Jamie’s Crying = (Charvel DK22 or DK24 & FM9)

• Pink Floyd: Comfortably Numb (Charvel DK22 & FM9)

As for me When I first got the FM9 was a lot of exploring but im pretty sure i now know what works, that being said there is tweaking involved because of the songs I chose to do have such wide variety of tones, there will always be tweaking, but my 2nd preset for my current song came in really quick (much faster than id have to tweak my Helix) No disrespect intended

My Next ones will also be very diverse but I cant say that i hate tweaking my FM9

as you see the tones are quite varied

• Gary Moore - Parisienne Walkways (Revstar II Mod & FM9 ) )= Completed & Recorded

• Journey: Any way you want it (Yamaha Revstar II & FM9 ) In Progress

• Van Halen Aint Talkin bout love ?(Charvel Dk22 & FM9)
2023-2024

• Black Sabbath: Fairies Wear Boots / Neon Knights? (Fractal FM9 & Godin P-90 Summit)

• Van Halen: Jamie’s Crying = (Charvel DK22 or DK24 & FM9)

• Pink Floyd: Comfortably Numb (Charvel DK22 & FM9)

Why do I feel like you have your entire life plotted out on graphs, charts, and spreadsheets? :idk

:rofl

:beer

Why do I feel like you have your entire life plotted out on graphs, charts, and spreadsheets? :idk

:rofl

:beer
Well its because its true, pretty much everything is calculated, documented, structured and followed

Youre Crazy Omar Epps GIF

:LOL:

Some people seriously do suffer from option overload and can’t help but continue messing with stuff, but I don’t think that they are representative of your typical modeler user. Others either don’t know what they’re looking for, or else they don’t know exactly how to make it happen.

I use my Axe3 most of the time at our weekly band practice, and in that application I have one kitchen sink preset that covers everything we do, utilizing just one amp at various levels of clean and dirty. That is all I ever use, and I never mess with it because it works.

At home I periodically dedicate an evening specifically to exploring the blocks I haven’t delved into much (if at all), checking out different amps, etc, and just generally screwing around. Definitely more tweaking than playing on those occasions, but it is intentional.

Here Dave here is another Example :LOL:

Now you Know I'm Certifiable and your assessment was spot on :LOL:

View attachment 10809

Nicely done! :beer I think about half of our modern world might not exist without Excel. If people had any idea how much of the engineering, science and finance worlds were built/modeled/calculated/simulated/abused in Excel, they'd be both amazed and terrified :rofl

Back