I got to participate in a video game arrangement album

For some backstory, I met and became friends with a bunch of indie video game composers. One of them happens to be a part of a Doujin Group who have released a bunch of multiple compilation of arranged tribute albums to video game soundtracks. One of them asked me to play some acoustic parts for one of his arrangements. The song just happens to be in breakneck speed so I was given time to practice before recording. At least I got to flex my flamenco chops.

This time the game was indie shoot-em-up ZeroRanger. The arranged album was supervised and approved by the game's composer and development team. 4 discs worth of arrangements made by some fiercely talented composers/musicians/arrangers I've ever associated with. Even with my contributions being minimal, I had a really fun time learning and recording my parts.

This was the song I contributed to.

For reference here's the original.

This has at least put my foot on the door for submitting arrangements myself. And I've already submitted a demo for the next arrangement project, with 1 or 2 more I'm working on as well.

Anyone into video game music please check it out!

Back