I can’t believe no one else has made a Power Station

An interesting thing on the Fryette, I didn't know that the presence and depth knobs are boost only until I saw a post from a guy that was on the design team for the unit and he said that is how it was designed. It is flat when they are both turned all the way down. I didn't remember seeing that in the manual.

It's the same way with the switches on the power load. Don't like either of them on anything but flat personally.

1704823362696.png

If that unit was on the market when I bought my PS-100, I would probably have that one instead. I bought a C.A.B.M. + for an IR after the PS-100.

Not sure folks are aware of this but if you only use the area in red the unit doesn't require any power.
It needs a 12VDC/500mA adapter if you want to use the cab/mic section - I don't so it's one less thing to plug in. (y)

1704823362696.png

having a busted PS-100 here, I'm not confident about its durability either.

Damn that sucks :(

On the flipside I still have my original Powerstation 1 (from the original pre-sale run) and have never had a single issue with it. Haven't even had a tube go bad!

Yeah, this seems to be the prevailing theme with Fryette, and has been for decades.
I was getting power tube crackle when my PS100 arrived and he messaged me back quickly and said if it didn't get better he'd replace the tubes. It did go away.

It's also expensive. You have to pay basically as much as another amp (which it is) to make your current amp behave nicer.
It is definitely expensive. It isn't all that bad though when you consider that it is a 100 watt tube amp, although I am betting it is really only 50 watts. There are only 2 power tubes in it.

Back