HX Stomp headphone amp

SillyOctpuss

Shredder
I've been playing about with my new interface for the last few days but have only really been using Helix Native or my jvm through a loadbox. Tonight I decided to run my stomp L/R outputs into my SSL2 and noticed that when switching back and forth monitoring from heaphones on the SSL was a lot less tiring on my ears than the headphone output from the stomp. The sound is definitely clearer with less distortion than the stomp's headphone output. I've never really liked using headphones with my stomp but I could quite happily use headphones on the ssl to play when my kids in bed. The headphones I was using tonight are my Beyerdynamic 990s 250ohm. It's pretty late in the UK now but tomorrow I'm going to dig out my other sets of headphones which are 32 and 80 ohm and try those to see if I notice the same thing.

Honestly didn’t notice much difference between the stomp amp and others from interfaces. That’s using 250-300 ohm Beyer and Sennheiser headphones too. You may want to check to make sure there isn’t any output eq engaged.

Honestly didn’t notice much difference between the stomp amp and others from interfaces. That’s using 250-300 ohm Beyer and Sennheiser headphones too. You may want to check to make sure there isn’t any output eq engaged.

No definitely no output eq engaged.

Back