HILS Headless on the cheap. Seems too good to be true

We need direct mount, correct? Can I one just ditch the spring and screw from a reg one and reuse the original screw?

Sorry no experience whatsoever with direct mount pickups.
I try to use screws thin enough to fit through the hole without damaging the threads then the pickup can be mounted conveniently in another applications a later time.

My only question is which BKP's would be best for me in my HILS? :unsure:

Never had pickups that cost more than the guitar! :rofl
Star Wars Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

All I know is Nailbombs are fucking amazing.
I agree, they are in my Regius and they are my favorites of all time, at least for rhythm! :chef

We need direct mount, correct? Can I one just ditch the spring and screw from a reg one and reuse the original screw?

Sorry no experience whatsoever with direct mount pickups.
Yes indeed! And be very careful screwing them back in. Turn ccw a bit 1st and be anal the whole time, don't ask me how I know this. :hmm

If you are serious fry a boot camp model. Same quality but just three flavours.
I'm serious! I currently have Nailbombs and Silos and tried to put Polymaths in my 594, but ShitbullAudio sent the wrong ones and I haven't seen the right ones back anywhere yet. I've never looked that hard at the boot camps, but will!

Yeah! Wtf even bother, otherwise! :pickle:rofl:banana

Aftermath, Juggernaut, Ragnaroks and Warpigs all have interested me but haven't played any of them!

I agree, they are in my Regius and they are my favorites of all time, at least for rhythm! :chef

Yes indeed! And be very careful screwing them back in. Turn ccw a bit 1st and be anal the whole time, don't ask me how I know this. :hmm

I'm serious! I currently have Nailbombs and Silos and tried to put Polymaths in my 594, but ShitbullAudio sent the wrong ones and I haven't seen the right ones back anywhere yet. I've never looked that hard at the boot camps, but will!

Yeah! Wtf even bother, otherwise! :pickle:rofl:banana

Aftermath, Juggernaut, Ragnaroks and Warpigs all have interested me but haven't played any of them!
Silos
:chef

To elaborate - when I bought my second set of BKPs, after Nailbomb, I decided to pick a different set assuming they'd be just as rad.

I got Warpigs. And they've been a single source of disappointment since I got them. So much that now, as I'm looking for another set of BKPs for my seven string, and even though I've considered their modern, Juggernaut set, I've be come so risk adverse I'm just getting Nailbombs again.

To elaborate - when I bought my second set of BKPs, after Nailbomb, I decided to pick a different set assuming they'd be just as rad.

I got Warpigs. And they've been a single source of disappointment since I got them. So much that now, as I'm looking for another set of BKPs for my seven string, and even though I've considered their modern, Juggernaut set, I've be come so risk adverse I'm just getting Nailbombs again.
Yeah, I was even thinking the Warpigs were a bit of risk and have been leaning more towards Ragnaroks. They seem to get universally stellar reviews. But, you can't go wrong with the Nailbombs! Primo metal rhythm pickups, at least for me!

In Indonesia? Have you got links to the information?
In some ways Eagle is right about mahogany. When eagle says it is not real mahogany he is right because most people think furniture made with American grown mahogany is what top quality guitars use. In fact, almost all guitars use mahogany grown other places. In fact Hils guitars also sources Honduran mahogany other than African alone. The top brand high dollar guitars also don't use mahogany grown in the USA as is used in furniture. Other mahoganies offer better tonal qualities. The easiest way to find this information is to download the free chat gpt app instead of doing a Google search. Just type in "what mahogany is used in Hils guitars"

In some ways Eagle is right about mahogany. When eagle says it is not real mahogany he is right because most people think furniture made with American grown mahogany is what top quality guitars use. In fact, almost all guitars use mahogany grown other places. In fact Hils guitars also sources Honduran mahogany other than African alone. The top brand high dollar guitars also don't use mahogany grown in the USA as is used in furniture. Other mahoganies offer better tonal qualities. The easiest way to find this information is to download the free chat gpt app instead of doing a Google search. Just type in "what mahogany is used in Hils guitars"
My point was mahogany gets used as a catch all term for similar species. It’s not really what you think of as the wood in a vintage Gibson. It actually has more in common with dark hardwood used in doors. Also most companies that claim they use mahogany don’t. I just want honest descriptions and not BS terms like “tone wood”. Wood matters but the type actually doesn’t if it works it works.

Back