Hi! We're the DigiTech/DOD USA Crew!

Blah blah blah, yellow this, old that. That's great, but what about the GSP1101 successor? :love:idk:satan:rawk

Lol, I'm just kidding, but seriously, whichever one of you gents was responsible for the Control 2 FC for the 1101, OMG. Kudos.

That was my FAVORITE FC, by FAR, before the HX line with the update that gave us snapshots came along. the Control 2 was PERFECT, IMO. It was doing the "discard preset edits" thing before anybody else, IIRC.

I still have 2 Bad Monkeys that I hold onto, just because. :love

Just wanted to chime in on the appreciate wagon here. Happy to see Tom and the other dudes back at it. Back when the “shutdown” happened it was truly heartbreaking. I had so many great memories related to starting up a band with a friend back in -14-15 and I was experimenting with pedals. I quickly found a great home in the “new” digitech pedals, like the Polara and Obscura. And of course the Dod reissues.

It was also the activity in the pedal forum on TGP that was a big part. Toms presence there and all the discussions and interactions with pedal users and experiences with using the pedals. I strongly to this day associate those four years the band was active with the digitech/dod pedals almost to a level that the pedal memories themselves means more to me now than what we actually played (life of a gear nerd I guess).

Anyways… love this. Happy to se something going on Tom :giggle:

I’ve been struggling as a homeplayer since 2018 and been on and off about my interest (is this fun or not) in playing guitar and with gear all together. Packed up everything back in November and haven’t touched the guitar since because i got tired on myself for being dragged into some kind of social media expectation on my self weird state of mind….

Buuut. Still have some Dod’s in my drawer… the only pedals i cant dare to sell. Because they’re fun freaking pedals. Carcosa being the one closest to my heart, and of course the 250 and gunslinger. If I find it in me to summon some kind of lust to play again (mostly related to modelers and tweaking them) I’ll fire up those dods the first thing I do.

I miss the ol Polara though. Great pedal. Simple and beautiful. Quick Google and I notice there’s new knobs on the Polara at some point. They ugly man :facepalm:rofldoesn’t do the art justice. The og Polara knobs was way better looking. I guess enough people complained about that whole “can’t see my settings” haha.

Anyway. Just throwing in some personal ramblings here.. happy about all this though and it will be fun to see what you guys are up to.

Quick Google and I notice there’s new knobs on the Polara at some point. They ugly man :facepalm:rofldoesn’t do the art justice. The og Polara knobs was way better looking. I guess enough people complained about that whole “can’t see my settings” haha.

Yes we had a ton of complaints that people couldn't read their settings. We also had tons of failures and inconsistency - the metal sleeves kept separating from the inner core. So we re-designed all of the knobs for the DigiTech single-stomps, and then people complained about the new knobs.

So you can't really win, you just have to keep moving forward.

BTW, we use the exact same re-designed knobs on the Ricochet and FreqOut and no one has ever complained about them.

yellow-emoticon-expression.jpg

BTW, this reply isn't directed specifically at you @the swede, I'm mostly just musing. We guitarists are funny.

Which Digitech rack preamp is your favourite?

I had the GSP21 Pro w/Legend upgrade installed that I bought used from Sweetwater in the mid 90s. That was my first foray into multifx and (albeit primitive) amp modeling. It was ok for the time but I moved it on after about 5 years. Still have my RDS-8000. Great early digital delay and sampler/looper.

Btw, just spotted a used RV-7 should be available locally for 50€. Good thing I have a day off today, I'm afraid I'll have to try and see if it's still there.

EDIT: Already gone, of course.

Last edited:
A little thank you for the coolness that is the Rubberneck - an analogue delay that does the kind of glitchy sudden pitch/ time change that I thought I'd need to get a Lexicon Prime Time to access is just... and I don't want to get too fanboi here... a gift. A gift to the world. You should be knighted.
Rubberneck is sick… pedal should be knighted

Does the Drop need to be first in the signal chain? Are there any negative interactions between it and a fuzz? I'm so intrigued by the Drop, but don't want to mess up my fuzz tone either.

Does the Drop need to be first in the signal chain? Are there any negative interactions between it and a fuzz? I'm so intrigued by the Drop, but don't want to mess up my fuzz tone either.
It tracks best first. It has a Momentary or Latching mode for just this reason. If you have it in Latching Mode it is true bypass and shouldn't mess with your fuzz (except when on). I've seen some people run the Drop post-fuzz with success, but there are some tonal differences there too. The process of pitch shifting tends to affect some of the upper harmonics. Also keep in mind that either position affects feedback, you can't have feedback if the pitch of your guitar and the pitch being generated are different. This is just the nature of pitch-shifting and like anything else there are trade-offs for convenience.

Last edited:
You guys went FULL out to help save a Dokken session mid 90's faxing stuff and going thru it over the phone, without knowing who the band was, that left a very lasting impression! TSR-24 and 2101 were UBER devices

I have an OG Whammy that needs repair, (no response from treadle action) I'd like to keep it, can I get it fixed?, or should I just toss it and replace.🤘

Very Happy to see the Digitech team back in action :}
I spent many years enjoying the GSP2101, and more recently Carcosa and Rubberneck.

Was playing with some online AI "art" app a few weeks ago and typed in: bad bitch monkey pedal.
This was the result.

Attachments

• bbm_ped.png
    bbm_ped.png
    597.4 KB · Views: 25
Was playing with some online AI "art" app a few weeks ago and typed in: bad b*tch monkey pedal.
This was the result.
I don't think the AI picked up on 'b*itch' or 'monkey' when creating that monstrosity. :grin

Mine broke on me suddenly but when it was working, I had it after my compressor, before everything else. Generally tracking is best before drives but I haven’t used the type of fuzz that needs to be first in chain so no experience there.

Hi, i just want to say that I really love the Whammy DT pedal, even though I haven't afford one myself. That being said, I want to ask if there will be another Whammy DT pedal model, but specifically for bass guitars, in the works? Like the combination of the Bass Whammy and the Drop Tune Pedal that bass players can also use to transpose up and down, like the Whammy DT?

Wow. Didn't realize you could track those low bass frequencies without a lot of latency.

Back