Hi! We're the DigiTech/DOD USA Crew!

@Tom Von Kramm I'm suggesting this for a friend (yes, really) who is not on any gear forums but has been a huge fan of DOD and Digitech ever since the old Lamb Series days: a Shredmaster-inspired bass drive would be killer.

How about Drop and Delay have a baby? So I strike an open E, it delays the first time as a D#, then D, then C# etc.

I think Roger touched on it earlier, short answer: Yes, we consider it a big part of our history, we have a lot of catching-up to do though!
I wouldn't say catch up ! A lot of the digital modelers now days are a down grade from the RP -1. I could get awesome tones from Merle Haggard to Metallica. One of the guitar players for Trans Siberian Orchestra still uses a GSP 1101. I don't think I am the only person growing weary of trying to get a good overdrive/distortion tone with digital products. The RP-1 was top notch it just needed a better noise gate and a tuner.

I am a big fan of the FreqOut, to the point where I want to have two of them on my board, with different settings. but I am concerned about the robustness of the footswitch. I have heard reports of the foot switches being relatively fragile, since the external piece is not a traditional switch, but a cosmetic actuator for a PCB mounted mini-switch. What are Digitech's plans for addressing potential failures with this platform, and could we possibly see redesigns?

Would it be possible to add a remote switch jack to the FreqOut (and other pedals that share the same platform), so that they could be activated remotely? The FreqOut is a fairly large pedal, and it needs to be in the front row of my pedalboard, since it gets activated during songs, so it takes of a lot of space up front. I'd love to be able to set it in the back row and just have a remote activation switch or two in my front row.

As a related item, I really wanted to love my Whammy Ricochet, but it wasn't until after I got it that I found out it will not do a single semitone bend. The minimum bend is 2 semitones. That made the pedal 50% useless to me, so I had to take it off my board and sell it. The only bends I would ever want to do are semitone and whole tone. Is there any chance we might see an updated Ricochet that would add a 1 semitone bend mode?

I am a big fan of the FreqOut, to the point where I want to have two of them on my board, with different settings. but I am concerned about the robustness of the footswitch. I have heard reports of the foot switches being relatively fragile,

We haven't had any significant issues or failures with the Nova switch, in fact we are incorporating it into more designs.

since the external piece is not a traditional switch, but a cosmetic actuator for a PCB mounted mini-switch. What are Digitech's plans for addressing potential failures with this platform, and could we possibly see redesigns?

This is highly inaccurate. The Nova switch plunger is not "cosmetic," it is integral to the design. We have patents on this design and we have data showing that it has higher cycle count, and lower failure rates, than traditional 3PDT vacuum switches. There is no "re-design" of the Nova switch planned.

Would it be possible to add a remote switch jack to the FreqOut (and other pedals that share the same platform), so that they could be activated remotely? The FreqOut is a fairly large pedal, and it needs to be in the front row of my pedalboard, since it gets activated during songs, so it takes of a lot of space up front. I'd love to be able to set it in the back row and just have a remote activation switch or two in my front row.

That's a possibility. However I disagree that the FreqOut is "a fairly large pedal" especially in light of the tech inside of the pedal. It was extremely difficult to get everything to fit in the chassis as it is now. Thinking that we can just magic up a mini version without SIGNIFICANT sacrifices is, shall we say, optimistic.

As a related item, I really wanted to love my Whammy Ricochet, but it wasn't until after I got it that I found out it will not do a single semitone bend. The minimum bend is 2 semitones. That made the pedal 50% useless to me, so I had to take it off my board and sell it. The only bends I would ever want to do are semitone and whole tone. Is there any chance we might see an updated Ricochet that would add a 1 semitone bend mode?

We are always working on Whammy Family stuff, and what you are asking here is definitely within the realm of possibility.

Last edited:
Back