Hey! Newbie here

newpedals

Groupie
Hey! I am new here.

I had bought a fender blues deluxe used. It did not come with a footswitch. I play classic rock covers. I bought a couple of pedals and asked a friend to put them on a small board using velcro.

I am still figuring how to post pics. My pedals are Polytune and Boss SD1, powered by a 9 Volt adapter.

I had a clip on tuner, but I was facing difficulties while tuning my partscaster guitar in noisy environments (bars). I have been much relieved after using a tuner pedal.

I step on the overdrive pedal while soloing. I know it sounds boring, but I don't like the hassle of having a large pedalboard and trouble shooting patch cables and power supplies.

I have seen a friend struggle with it while he was plugged into his huge board, but he plays effect-laden originals. So he really requires all of his pedals.

I have tried using a multi effects unit, but it seemed to have a learning curve. I guess I may not be inteligent enough to use many effects.

It's common for me to meet people who have more pedals than I have. Sometimes I wonder if I should get something like another overdrive, a reverb pedal etc. But I don't use reverb live and feel that I have enough gain. I set the amp for as much gain I want and use SD1 pedal if I need a little more overdrive/ volume boost for solos. If I need to play cleaner, I use my guitar's volume knob.

Am I weird?

Brianna

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum Brianna. :rawk

Fewer pedals is usually always better. I say this as someone who has a lot of them. :LOL:
This past week I've been just plugging straight into the amp and it's been :chef.

gump.gif

Welcome aboard Brianna!

Reading your post I'm not sure if you are asking a question or just stating where you are with your gear right now.

Can you be clearer if there was something you'd like suggestions on? Thanks.

Agree about the fewer the pedals the better. Less things to go wrong! (y)

Welcome to the forum Brianna. :rawk

Fewer pedals is usually always better. I say this as someone who has a lot of them. :LOL:
This past week I've been just plugging straight into the amp and it's been :chef.

Edited my post a little. Thank you

Welcome aboard Brianna!

Reading your post I'm not sure if you are asking a question or just stating where you are with your gear right now.

Can you be clearer if there was something you'd like suggestions on? Thanks.

Agree about the fewer the pedals the better. Less things to go wrong! (y)

Thank you. Edited the post a little.

Not weird at all. Use what you need. Anything else is just extra.

Most of the time I have no other fx on than a reverb or delay and the rest is done by the amp.

Hey! I am new here.

I had bought a fender blues deluxe used. It did not come with a footswitch. I play classic rock covers. I bought a couple of pedals and asked a friend to put them on a small board using velcro.

I am still figuring how to post pics. My pedals are Polytune and Boss SD1, powered by a 9 Volt adapter.

I had a clip on tuner, but I was facing difficulties while tuning my partscaster guitar in noisy environments (bars). I have been much relieved after using a tuner pedal.

I step on the overdrive pedal while soloing. I know it sounds boring, but I don't like the hassle of having a large pedalboard and trouble shooting patch cables and power supplies.

I have seen a friend struggle with it while he was plugged into his huge board, but he plays effect-laden originals. So he really requires all of his pedals.

I have tried using a multi effects unit, but it seemed to have a learning curve. I guess I may not be inteligent enough to use many effects.

It's common for me to meet people who have more pedals than I have. Sometimes I wonder if I should get something like another overdrive, a reverb pedal etc. But I don't use reverb live and feel that I have enough gain. I set the amp for as much gain I want and use SD1 pedal if I need a little more overdrive/ volume boost for solos. If I need to play cleaner, I use my guitar's volume knob.

Am I weird?

Brianna

That's an Old School approach. It works.

Sounds like you prefer a simple approach live where you
can focus on your playing and what's at your hands and
not at your feet. :beer

Hey!

Thank you for being so supportive, all of you. I had thought of using a simple, 2 button (separate ones for play and stop) looper pedal at one time.

However, a friend told me that since I utilize overdrive from my amp, it will not sound good. He said I will have to buy another amp with "send and return jacks" having effects loop. I don't know what it means. He also said I will have to buy 2 more cables, so that I could use the looper with the amp. So I gave up on the idea.

Fender amps don't have an FX Loop/Send and Return, but many other amps do. Take a look at the back image of an amp that does.

1722569207949.png

That's an Old School approach. It works.

Sounds like you prefer a simple approach live where you
can focus on your playing and what's at your hands and
not at your feet. :beer

Yes. I like to keep it simple.

I prefer boss-sized pedals. I tried a mini sized overdrive in a store. I don't know if I pushed the switch on it too hard to activate it, but it fell down on it's side after switching on. It's not an issue I endure with bigger pedals.

1000074284.jpg

So this is the looper pedal I liked when I had tried it in a store few weeks back.

Just now I saw a video on youtube in which a guitarist was using an overdrive pedal named RAT. He had set his amp clean-ish and was using this pedal as a boost with some gain for solos.

In theory, the RAT pedal may replace my Boss SD1. Since I will not be using any overdrive from my amp this way, I may put a looper like the one mentioned above after the overdrive pedal. This will solve the issue of my amp not having an "effects loop" and I will not have to replace my amp. I may be wrong.

But I am gonna take my pedalboard, partscaster and amp to a guitar store which has a used RAT pedal in stock tomorrow. I will call them up front and ask. I will only buy from a store which has a good return policy. I am not gonna trade my SD1 pedal yet. I will buy the looper pedal (used, online) next month after I have some more funds.

When I had bought pedals, my dad said I could run them on 9 Volt rechargable batteries, since pedals like SD1 don't need much current. I could use my adapter for the looper pedal. I won't have to purchase another, expensive, multi port, power supply then. I have a daisy chain cable if I need to connect the polytune to my power adapter as well. I am just not feeling confident if I have really figured this out.

Will this arrangement work? Does anyone have this 720 looper pedal? I am hopeful that it will be a reliable unit. Please let me know. Thank you.

View attachment 25910
So this is the looper pedal I liked when I had tried it in a store few weeks back.

Just now I saw a video on youtube in which a guitarist was using an overdrive pedal named RAT. He had set his amp clean-ish and was using this pedal as a boost with some gain for solos.

In theory, the RAT pedal may replace my Boss SD1. Since I will not be using any overdrive from my amp this way, I may put a looper like the one mentioned above after the overdrive pedal. This will solve the issue of my amp not having an "effects loop" and I will not have to replace my amp. I may be wrong.

But I am gonna take my pedalboard, partscaster and amp to a guitar store which has a used RAT pedal in stock tomorrow. I will call them up front and ask. I will only buy from a store which has a good return policy. I am not gonna trade my SD1 pedal yet. I will buy the looper pedal (used, online) next month after I have some more funds.

When I had bought pedals, my dad said I could run them on 9 Volt rechargable batteries, since pedals like SD1 don't need much current. I could use my adapter for the looper pedal. I won't have to purchase another, expensive, multi port, power supply then. I have a daisy chain cable if I need to connect the polytune to my power adapter as well. I am just not feeling confident if I have really figured this out.

Will this arrangement work? Does anyone have this 720 looper pedal? I am hopeful that it will be a reliable unit. Please let me know. Thank you.

I don't know if I could use a looper by setting up pedals and amp as mentioned in my earlier post. I hope experienced players on here could guide me if it will work. I am seeking a reliable 2-button looper pedal (with separate start and stop buttons) so I need help. Thank you.

Back