Hey Mesa, MVII:25 ???

Mark VII mode.

I highly doubt they would make a Mark VII and leave out the namesake mode though.
They should though. It’s not a great mode. The V25 had 6 modes, I could see the VII mini having clean, fat, and crunch on channel 1, and VII, IIC, and IV on channel 2. IIB is superior to VII mode IMO and a whole lot more fun, but I agree with you they’re not going to put out a VII without VII mode. Now if only they would forget EL84s existed and use some bigger bottle tubes for the mini amp (other manufacturers have done this) it could be an absolute dominator in the marketplace. The mid honk and lack of headroom in EL84s is really unfortunate.

That’s tough. There are a lot of really good sounds in a lot of the modes.

Hence my question :D

They should though. It’s not a great mode. The V25 had 6 modes, I could see the VII mini having clean, fat, and crunch on channel 1, and VII, IIC, and IV on channel 2. IIB is superior to VII mode IMO and a whole lot more fun, but I agree with you they’re not going to put out a VII without VII mode. Now if only they would forget EL84s existed and use some bigger bottle tubes for the mini amp (other manufacturers have done this) it could be an absolute dominator in the marketplace. The mid honk and lack of headroom in EL84s is really unfortunate.

Mark VII mode.

I highly doubt they would make a Mark VII and leave out the namesake mode though.

Another option would be that they forego the Fat mode?
Ch1: Clean, II-B, Crunch
Ch2: VII, II-C, IV

Mesas are still quite rare in Europe so I don't really know if Fat mode is very useful?
Another option would be to skip the Crunch mode, since VII mode - at least according to Mesa - is similar to Crunch but more "recto"... :p

I’d rather they do 6V6s if they do a mini VII. They’re currently doing 6V6s in the Fillmore 25 and California Tweed 20. A mini Mark VII with 6V6s will rule.

I had no idea they were using 6V6s in the fillmore 25....

Meme Think GIF

Back