HELLO?!

I've always been curious about those Evertune bridges.

I LOVE it.

The last two songs I’ve been recording I’m using an RG7620 and as stable as I can set up any Ibanez, I’m still checking my tuning between every damn take because if it’s off by a cent or two, I’m going to hear it and it’ll drive me nuts. I don’t even check the tuning when I pick up my E-type and just blast through tracking without paying any mind to it at all.

I’ve seen a lot of people claiming you can’t bend with them or bending is negatively effected by it, but uh….if I couldn’t do Zakk Wylde pinch harmonics with it, it’d be entirely useless to me, so that’s BS. It takes all of 10 minutes and maybe 2-3 days of playing one before you can realize how they work. I think people are assuming they don’t need to stretch the strings when they put them on, which is exactly why their bending gets effected. The strings have to be at a certain tension for the Evertune to do it’s thing, without stretching the strings, they eventually lose that tension and fall into the zone where you can bend but it won’t do sh*t. Or if it just looses a little tension, you’ll notice bends take more effort. A basic string stretch resolves this before it’s a problem.

The only negative thing I can say about it is that it DOES kill off some sustain above the 12th fret. What I mean by that is that you’re not going to pick a note and hold it in place for 15 seconds without it cutting off. If you add vibrato to it, or milk the note for all you can get from it, it’s not an issue and I really don’t know of a single case of someone hitting a note, holding it out that long but not doing anything with it or picking it again, unless they’re letting the note feedback, in which case, sheer volume will keep the note going. It’s not enough of a hindrance that’d prevent me from owning more Evertune guitars and as much as I beat the hell out of my guitars live, it’ll be awesome gigging without worrying about tuning.

IMO, their to a fixed bridge what a Floyd Rose is to a trem, maybe even better than that. They absolutely do what they advertise. Some people get wound up about the chunk of wood removed from the guitar, but I don’t get into small specifics like that because I just find it silly overall. That last song I recorded was done entirely with my E-type, aside from the solo that I think I used my JEM on.

I couldn’t have spec’d out a better chug factory than this thing; you want to chug on this like a college freshman at their first keg party. It’s not a light guitar by any means and I love it, I don’t get into the tonal aspects of guitar weight and find that stuff to be a bit silly, but when you put it on the weight of it just makes you want to play heavy sh*t. Super comfy medium C neck. This was actually a B-stock with what was listed as a “dent” on the front of the guitar. It took me 5 minutes to find it when it showed up and actually, it’s on the face of the guitar…you can’t even see it, it’d take me 5 minutes to find it again.

This absolutely will not be my only Solar. A baritone or the 7-string with the Sustainer will be next and when I eventually put together an original metal band I’ll only be using Solars for it. They took over where Ibanez jumped shipped, IMO. The quality of this thing is on par with any MIJ Ibanez I’ve ever played and that includes J-Customs and Prestiges. Absolutely flawless fretwork and it’s built like a tank.

View attachment 2437

Wow, I haven’t looked at these before and judging from this pic I was expecting them to be WAY more expensive than they are!

I think that’s the best fretwork I’ve ever seen in that price range

Wow, I haven’t looked at these before and judging from this pic I was expecting them to be WAY more expensive than they are!

I think that’s the best fretwork I’ve ever seen in that price range

I can only agree. When Ibanez first started the Premium line I got excited because the first year I played a few GREAT guitars with killer fretwork, but that just tanked after that first year. I rarely see fretwork this excellent on Fenders with nickel frets, never mind SS.

I think I got my E-type for $1100? The Outlet Store on the Solar site always has a ton of models as B-stock and while some could argue “Well that’s a lot of B-stock, what’s wrong with their process?”, after getting mine I believe it’s much more of a “We’re not letting anything out unless it’s perfect”.

I've always been curious about those Evertune bridges.
Had an E-II Eclipse 7 ET. Wasn't a fan because of the hassles bending, so I sold it.

I LOVE it.

The last two songs I’ve been recording I’m using an RG7620 and as stable as I can set up any Ibanez, I’m still checking my tuning between every damn take because if it’s off by a cent or two, I’m going to hear it and it’ll drive me nuts. I don’t even check the tuning when I pick up my E-type and just blast through tracking without paying any mind to it at all.

I’ve seen a lot of people claiming you can’t bend with them or bending is negatively effected by it, but uh….if I couldn’t do Zakk Wylde pinch harmonics with it, it’d be entirely useless to me, so that’s BS. It takes all of 10 minutes and maybe 2-3 days of playing one before you can realize how they work. I think people are assuming they don’t need to stretch the strings when they put them on, which is exactly why their bending gets effected. The strings have to be at a certain tension for the Evertune to do it’s thing, without stretching the strings, they eventually lose that tension and fall into the zone where you can bend but it won’t do sh*t. Or if it just looses a little tension, you’ll notice bends take more effort. A basic string stretch resolves this before it’s a problem.

The only negative thing I can say about it is that it DOES kill off some sustain above the 12th fret. What I mean by that is that you’re not going to pick a note and hold it in place for 15 seconds without it cutting off. If you add vibrato to it, or milk the note for all you can get from it, it’s not an issue and I really don’t know of a single case of someone hitting a note, holding it out that long but not doing anything with it or picking it again, unless they’re letting the note feedback, in which case, sheer volume will keep the note going. It’s not enough of a hindrance that’d prevent me from owning more Evertune guitars and as much as I beat the hell out of my guitars live, it’ll be awesome gigging without worrying about tuning.

IMO, their to a fixed bridge what a Floyd Rose is to a trem, maybe even better than that. They absolutely do what they advertise. Some people get wound up about the chunk of wood removed from the guitar, but I don’t get into small specifics like that because I just find it silly overall. That last song I recorded was done entirely with my E-type, aside from the solo that I think I used my JEM on.
While I didn't like it, I completely understand how others do. Yeah, I also found it killed the sustain over the 12th fret. I kept it for a year and got too annoyed with how the amount needed for a proper bend would change depending on the weather. For example, the saddles would move out of the Zone 2 sweet spot as the string tension changed to keep everything in tune when the weather changed, and this prevented me from using muscle memory for bends, as the necessary amount always changed.

That aside, I do miss it when the weather requires retuning my other guitars. If I had unlimited funds and space, I would have one for the tuning stability, especially when practicing riffs that do not require bending.

been slowly falling down into pointy guitars,,,,
wolfgangs to schechter to esp

have been looking at solars alot lately

Had an E-II Eclipse 7 ET. Wasn't a fan because of the hassles bending, so I sold it.

While I didn't like it, I completely understand how others do. Yeah, I also found it killed the sustain over the 12th fret. I kept it for a year and got too annoyed with how the amount needed for a proper bend would change depending on the weather. For example, the saddles would move out of the Zone 2 sweet spot as the string tension changed to keep everything in tune when the weather changed, and this prevented me from using muscle memory for bends, as the necessary amount always changed.

That aside, I do miss it when the weather requires retuning my other guitars. If I had unlimited funds and space, I would have one for the tuning stability, especially when practicing riffs that do not require bending.

Someone didn’t stretch their strings enough!

Back