Helix Marshalls suck, eh

For the love of all that is Holy and Sacred a Friedman is not a freaking Marshall!!!!! :hmm

Marshall_Marshall_Marshall.gif

:LOL:

I often can't fathom that he says loves Marshalls as much as he says he does, borrows from their topology,
and then his amps come out like they do. Tubby, bloated, and smooth.... with none of the snarl, spit, bite,
and bark of a great Marshall. :idk

Me happy with the placater and single coils reading my TGF heroes’ opinions on Friedmans

Delayed Reaction At First I Lold GIF
Personally, I like Friedmans (amps, OD pedals, most amp sims). No, it is not a Marshall (we have 2203 for that now) but I love to use the Placater in BE mode (HBE off), with Stupor and Kinky Boost to overdrive it + YA or ML IRs for a hot-rodded (albeit smooth) Marshall tone. Running it into NDSP Fortin Cali IRs gave pretty decent results as well. YMMV as always lol

Personally, I like Friedmans (amps, OD pedals, most amp sims). No, it is not a Marshall (we have 2203 for that now) but I love to use the Placater in BE mode (HBE off), with Stupor and Kinky Boost to overdrive it + YA or ML IRs for a hot-rodded (albeit smooth) Marshall tone.
that is EXACTLY how I run it, when I use it. Same pedals, and a YA IR.

Me happy with the placater and single coils reading my TGF heroes’ opinions on Friedmans

Personally, I like Friedmans (amps, OD pedals, most amp sims). No, it is not a Marshall (we have 2203 for that now) but I love to use the Placater in BE mode (HBE off), with Stupor and Kinky Boost to overdrive it + YA or ML IRs for a hot-rodded (albeit smooth) Marshall tone. Running it into NDSP Fortin Cali IRs gave pretty decent results as well. YMMV as always lol
My recent recording project I was going to use the new 2203 but my default Placater preset loads automatically and was a perfect fit and I didn't bother touching it.

I played a real one at GC through a 4x12 and it was lovely.

:chef :guiness

that is EXACTLY how I run it, when I use it. Same pedals, and a YA IR.

For some reason I've always never loved the Placate Dirty model whenever I am noodling on my own, but everytime there is a project or a live gig, this ends up being the amp I pull up to deliver the goods on stage. Sits great in a mix. But this was pre 2203. Haven't gigged with the 2203 model yet.

Thanks for the suggestion, I ll try it with these pedals up front.

Back