Helix Marshalls suck, eh

For the love of all that is Holy and Sacred a Friedman is not a freaking Marshall!!!!! :hmm

Marshall_Marshall_Marshall.gif

:LOL:

Me happy with the placater and single coils reading my TGF heroes’ opinions on Friedmans

Delayed Reaction At First I Lold GIF
Personally, I like Friedmans (amps, OD pedals, most amp sims). No, it is not a Marshall (we have 2203 for that now) but I love to use the Placater in BE mode (HBE off), with Stupor and Kinky Boost to overdrive it + YA or ML IRs for a hot-rodded (albeit smooth) Marshall tone. Running it into NDSP Fortin Cali IRs gave pretty decent results as well. YMMV as always lol

Personally, I like Friedmans (amps, OD pedals, most amp sims). No, it is not a Marshall (we have 2203 for that now) but I love to use the Placater in BE mode (HBE off), with Stupor and Kinky Boost to overdrive it + YA or ML IRs for a hot-rodded (albeit smooth) Marshall tone.
that is EXACTLY how I run it, when I use it. Same pedals, and a YA IR.

Me happy with the placater and single coils reading my TGF heroes’ opinions on Friedmans

Personally, I like Friedmans (amps, OD pedals, most amp sims). No, it is not a Marshall (we have 2203 for that now) but I love to use the Placater in BE mode (HBE off), with Stupor and Kinky Boost to overdrive it + YA or ML IRs for a hot-rodded (albeit smooth) Marshall tone. Running it into NDSP Fortin Cali IRs gave pretty decent results as well. YMMV as always lol
My recent recording project I was going to use the new 2203 but my default Placater preset loads automatically and was a perfect fit and I didn't bother touching it.

I played a real one at GC through a 4x12 and it was lovely.

:chef :guiness

that is EXACTLY how I run it, when I use it. Same pedals, and a YA IR.

For some reason I've always never loved the Placate Dirty model whenever I am noodling on my own, but everytime there is a project or a live gig, this ends up being the amp I pull up to deliver the goods on stage. Sits great in a mix. But this was pre 2203. Haven't gigged with the 2203 model yet.

Thanks for the suggestion, I ll try it with these pedals up front.

Back