Helix 3.8 when?

There's 1 good Marshall.
1712697327397.png

For 3.8, I'd like to see Line6 make their parameter order more sensible and consistent.

Check out any point in the video above and then think "are these the parameters I want to access first when I pick this effect?" My answer was no for almost everything except the overdrives.

For example swapping between delay or reverb models the Mix parameter is not always in the same place so you can't do things like "I remember Mix is the 3rd param so it's on the first page, or the 3rd param in HX Edit/Native." Shuffling common params around like this just adds unnecessary hunting for them.

Consistency would be extremely beneficial for the HX Stomp and HX One especially because you need to scroll and adjust params in sets of 3 on both boxes. Gain/Bass/Mid on page 1 is not a good way to adjust an Amp block. Gain/Master/Ch vol -> Bass/Mid/Treble -> Presence/Depth/Sag would make way more sense.

For 3.8, I'd like to see Line6 make their parameter order more sensible and consistent.

Check out any point in the video above and then think "are these the parameters I want to access first when I pick this effect?" My answer was no for almost everything except the overdrives.

For example swapping between delay or reverb models the Mix parameter is not always in the same place so you can't do things like "I remember Mix is the 3rd param so it's on the first page, or the 3rd param in HX Edit/Native." Shuffling common params around like this just adds unnecessary hunting for them.

Consistency would be extremely beneficial for the HX Stomp and HX One especially because you need to scroll and adjust params in sets of 3 on both boxes. Gain/Bass/Mid on page 1 is not a good way to adjust an Amp block. Gain/Master/Ch vol -> Bass/Mid/Treble -> Presence/Depth/Sag would make way more sense.

Yes
I do have a quibble with the Helix UI that I think Fractal nails. Despite the many comments on how you might get to one setting or another, I know where everything is. The location of each setting is consistent.

Here's what bugs me about Helix: Look at, for example, the Vitriol Lead vs the Solo Lead OD. Respectfully, why the fuck does Line 6 change the order of the settings for each amp. Why is Presence with the "normal controls" for the Solo and at the bottom for the Vitriol?

I understand stuffing Ch Vol with the Master, but IMHO, any of the "bonus" controls like sag, bias, etc, should be stuffed after or below the "normal" guitar amp controls.

Someone may come behind and say "this is actually good because..." and I'd honestly love to hear it because I do not understand this design choice, and it seems silly to me.

Someone smarter than me, EDUCATE ME PLS.

View attachment 14929

View attachment 14930

So what are we hoping for for these days?
  1. Jubilee
  2. Bogner XTC
  3. Global Blocks
  4. LFOs
  5. Flux
  6. And I'll also ask for better round-trip-latency when using the Helix as an Audio Interface.
  7. Oh and stereo delay scale-trail-compensation on all Delays, very simple really

And I'll also ask for better round-trip-latency when using the Helix as an Audio Interface.

As much as I'd applaud that, I'm afraid it doesn't get better than in class compliant mode on macOS. Which is a whole lot better (almost 10ms) than driver supported mode but still way behind the competition, let alone dedicated interfaces.

As much as I'd applaud that, I'm afraid it doesn't get better than in class compliant mode on macOS. Which is a whole lot better (almost 10ms) than driver supported mode but still way behind the competition, let alone dedicated interfaces.

Do any of the newer Line6 devices like the Pod Express have lower roundtrip latency?

Do any of the newer Line6 devices like the Pod Express have lower roundtrip latency?

Would like to know as well.

Whatever, I just bought a Motu M2 and while I knew it'd be decent before already, to my amazement it's pretty much the undisputed champ in terms of latency (in that price class, obviously). 3.5ms RTL at 44.1kHz and 32 samples buffersize (which I can run all throughout), go figure.

So what are we hoping for for these days?
  1. Jubilee
  2. Bogner XTC
  3. Global Blocks
  4. LFOs
  5. Flux
  6. And I'll also ask for better round-trip-latency when using the Helix as an Audio Interface.
  7. Oh and stereo delay scale-trail-compensation on all Delays, very simple really
Definitely the Bogner but I doubt it will happen
If I am guessing
The Silver Jubilee and a 5153
Are the most likely candidates and maybe one or 2 others or and original

Back