Guilty Pleasure Artists [is this already a thread?]

Mongillo19

Rock Star
What are some of your "guilty pleasure" songs or artists?

My wife has had T Swift on repeat and I've started to enjoy a few of her songs. You can occasionally find me listening to One Direction and numerous Disney soundtracks as well....and for some reason I enjoy Attila

So with that being said should I just leave this forum now or? :rofl :bag

Ariana Grande I guess would be a guilty pleasure artist for me. :bag Also the Hamilton Soundtrack. I’m sure there are a lot more that aren’t immediately coming to mind…

ff81429e43b4e35ea5df8b6e207cf119.gif

My guilty pleasure music is Country music.
Miranda Lambert is my favourite.

I really like the country music sound.

Being Italian I don't hear the lyrics if I don't want to. So I'm fine, lol.

Last edited:
I dig pretty much all catchy music, with the exception of modern hip hop. Love so much hip hop/rap from the 90’s until about 2010 or so and then it just got “Ugh…” Really, that goes for country just the same because they seemed to be moving in the same direction.

The ones people are generally surprised about are Billie Eilish and Lana Del Ray, I love Lana.

i like underscores a lot, like a lot a lot. that new taylor swift song is awesome. big fan of chvrches and a lot of the synth pop stuff like purity ring. doja cat is cool. big fan of halsey and juice wrld. i will always be a fan of paramore, their new stuff is great.

love billie eilish and lana del ray, great stuff Drew.

modern country is pretty good but its def a formula and you have to mention certain words in every song.

We love Billie Eilish in my family. My daughter found her on SoundCloud before she blew up. We went to some of her early concerts and did the meet-and-greet thing and my wife and daughters met her and her mom. Both were very cool, down to earth, etc.

Another “guilty pleasure” artist is actually just ONE album - and that’s Sia’s Christmas album. I know nothing about her or her other music, but her Christmas songs are all original (not covers / traditional songs) and they are really catchy and well done.

I can’t think of anything I would *really* be embarrassed about liking. Well - maybe liking Nickelback’s song Side of a Bullet. I heard they wrote a song about Dimebag and had to listen…

We love Billie Eilish in my family. My daughter found her on SoundCloud before she blew up. We went to some of her early concerts and did the meet-and-greet thing and my wife and daughters met her and her mom. Both were very cool, down to earth, etc.

Another “guilty pleasure” artist is actually just ONE album - and that’s Sia’s Christmas album. I know nothing about her or her other music, but her Christmas songs are all original (not covers / traditional songs) and they are really catchy and well done.

I can’t think of anything I would *really* be embarrassed about liking. Well - maybe liking Nickelback’s song Side of a Bullet. I heard they wrote a song about Dimebag and had to listen…

No worries, Devin made it ok for people to dig Nickelback-

Really, they were one of the first bands that got me interested in the production side of things. I really dug the first song I heard from them, “Leader Of Men” and before “How You Remind Me” got so overplayed, I dug that one, too. I remember hearing a vocal delay in the chorus of “How You Remind Me” and for some reason it triggered me into listening deeper to other songs for the subtle production stuff you don’t notice as much. Man….I was in high school then, that’s crazy it was that long ago.

We have half the Sia Xmas album on our Christmas playlist. It’s fantastic, and also refreshing to not regurgitate the same holiday standards.

We have half the Sia Xmas album on our Christmas playlist. It’s fantastic, and also refreshing to not regurgitate the same holiday standards.
Yes! I think that’s why I like It so much. I just get tired of all the traditional songs done by every artist out there. And her songs were really catchy and “felt like” Christmas and the holidays.

Back