GT-1000 core plus fcb1010?

pipelineaudio

Shredder
I have a gt1000 which is ok and a gt1000 core which is next to useless except for single sounds as the preset switching is awful , silly and almost unimplemented

I am thinking of putting an FCB 1010 that was bought for the wireless, battery powered “one wire "FRFR" setup for stage” article on a pedalboard with this thing and a power strip

Allegedly, unlike with its own buttons, using midi can directly select presets on the GT-1000 core. That’s two expression pedals, a bunch of switches and hopefully the core allows utilities like the tuner to be mapped. It could potentially be better than the gt1000 full itself.

I have the uno chip so programming the pedalboard is a breeze. Anything else I should look out for?

Anyone have a pin out for the 3.5mm to 5 pin midi cables I need to make?

Well holy hell. The GT-1000 core's MIDI implementation is a nightmare! Many important functions like tap tempo cannot be accessed by MIDI, though I suppose I could use the FCB1010's relay outs, not sure if they'd be fast enough.

For the tuner, you can't set it globally, you need to do it per preset!

Nightmare isn't strong enough.

When I tried the Core last year and was intrigued, I quickly bailed on it and bought a used GT-1000 because I wanted more switching and it seemed like a nightmare to accomplish that with the Core.

The Core should be awesome. It's not. Clunky and gross. Full size GT all the way if you're going that route. Boss trying to compete with an HX Stomp package is an immediate fail move.

What would be really awesome, since Boss is not afraid of wireless functionality, would be to have an available wireless foot controller. Then you could keep the GT-1000 Core as a desktop unit or on a pedalboard, and add in the footswitch for the floor as needed. Ideally you would want 10 footswitches to match the GT-1000 and maybe a jack for expression pedal...

The Core should be awesome. It's not. Clunky and gross. Full size GT all the way if you're going that route. Boss trying to compete with an HX Stomp package is an immediate fail move.
I have the full Gt-1000 as well, and its really not much better. The switches are handier, but its still a nightmare

Back