General Thanks

But hey, regarding TOP during the last few days:

FENDER WINTER GIVEAWAY POPUP!
FENDER WINTER GIVEAWAY POPUP! FENDER WINTER GIVEAWAY POPUP! FENDER WINTER GIVEAWAY POPUP! FENDER WINTER GIVEAWAY POPUP! FENDER WINTER GIVEAWAY POPUP!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Sounds like a great revenue generator for TOP.

They take care of the hands that feed them for sure. Which is why
the place has devolved into a sewer devoid of any credibility.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Sounds like a great revenue generator for TOP.

They take care of their hands that feed them for sure. Which is why
the place has devolved into a sewer devoid of any credibility.
IF ANYONE REALLY WINS....i see alot of these contests on sweetwater and other gear stores online and guitar pickups and guitar companies like fender etc..or denny zager acoustics and the winners pics always look fake..I think many of these are rigged and they just want to get your email/address.
Eric Cartman Lol GIF by South Park

As far as bannings and whatnot, while I have no direct insider information from any TGP mods, my assumption is that TGP finds it more beneficial to have company reps using their forum than to have every member voice their opinion freely (Unless it’s Fractal!) I’ve been asked here by a couple company reps to quell angry voices and that resulted in me calling out the company reps in the threads they were reporting and telling them they could address the issues directly in the thread, but I wasn’t going to be banning members or deleting posts. In one case it worked, in another it didn’t and they haven’t been back.

FWIW, I personally invited Stilwell here around the TMP launch. I ‘know’ him going back to the HRI days and was stoked to see he was with Fender and was working on a big project like that. Almost immediately after the invitation went out, our TMP threads turned more negative than anything and are most certainly not inviting for the Fender reps to comment in because I personally couldn’t say it appears anyone here is actually interested in buying one and they’re just going to become human dart boards, but he still checks in, adds something on occasion and has never once reached out to me for some ‘behind the scenes assistance’ or anything of the such. That’s more than I can say for other company reps who have actual customers here that still use their products.

Thank you for not backing down on this point. That type of censoring and member intimidation is why I don't post over there so much anymore. The fact that they banned FAS (Cliff) but then turn around and continually purge crap that is true but looks bad and intimidate members with temp bans is shitty. $$$ talks boys.

Money Talks GIF by MSNBC

I see major trade-in potential. I'd keep the Tele and sell the rest for a Mesa Boogie Dual Rec or MW. Or maybe a Marshall JCM 800 or a JVM410H. depending on what my GAS is begging for at the time.
I just can't stand to click and see that enough times to sign up for the contest...

I just can't stand to click and see that enough times to sign up for the contest...
Me either. Plus I think you can only win if you upgrade from free to paid member. WTF wants to do that????

If I was to win something like that, which I would not because I'm not signing up.

Plus, I always thought if you put something up for giveaways to the public, no purchase of any kind is required. I thought it was a law or something.

Thank you for not backing down on this point. That type of censoring and member intimidation is why I don't post over there so much anymore. The fact that they banned FAS (Cliff) but then turn around and continually purge crap that is true but looks bad and intimidate members with temp bans is shitty. $$$ talks boys.

Money Talks GIF by MSNBC

That was a founding motivation for this forum, I was kinda eager for it to happen just to get an idea of how that request comes in….and subsequently not do it. I’ll step in when personal attacks are a bigger priority than fixing issues, I think Pete from IK was ran through the wringer here and I’d like to not see that happen again as the quickest way to have things addressed is an open line of communication. Sure, IK’s approach is what it is, calling Pete a c*nt isn’t going to fix that. :rofl

I was just telling another rep that while it wasn’t our intent to make this place TheGearAndGearCompanyScrutinyForum, I think it’s kinda baked into the forum due to its origins. And not even Fractal is safe from that here, despite the Fractal slant. There are times I wish that scrutiny had a little more optimism than cynicism, but that’s a tall order in 2023….er, 2024. :ROFLMAO:

Me either. Plus I think you can only win if you upgrade from free to paid member. WTF wants to do that????

If I was to win something like that, which I would not because I'm not signing up.

Plus, I always thought if you put something up for giveaways to the public, no purchase of any kind is required. I thought it was a law or something.

So they get $$$ from Fender for the ad placement, as well as donated gear to giveaway, and then $$ from those who
sign up for a paid membership. That is so indicative of the insidious hellscape that place has become.

Back