Gear sales on forums slowing?

ejecta

Roadie
Anyone else noticing stuff selling much slower on forums… not specifically here as this is a newer place so that’s to be expected but…. I could not get nibbles or anything from forums on my latest gear for sale purge but as soon as they hit Reverb over half of it was gone in a day. Maybe it was the stuff I was selling?

Anyone else noticing stuff selling much slower on forums… not specifically here as this is a newer place so that’s to be expected but…. I could not get nibbles or anything from forums on my latest gear for sale purge but as soon as they hit Reverb over half of it was gone in a day. Maybe it was the stuff I was selling?
I think buyer protection is a perk for reverb maybe? Probably a wider audience as well

I think buyer protection is a perk for reverb maybe? Probably a wider audience as well
Both of those make sense to me. But also depends on what you are selling.

I still try Craigslist as well to cast a wider net. I have had a couple sales from non-local people that way too and it saved me on reverb fees.

Both of those make sense to me. But also depends on what you are selling.

I still try Craigslist as well to cast a wider net. I have had a couple sales from non-local people that way too and it saved me on reverb fees.
Yeah I definitely prefer local. Reverb fees are wild and I'm still wondering how much I'm going to pay with the new tax law/stipulation/whatever it's called

Yeah I definitely prefer local. Reverb fees are wild and I'm still wondering how much I'm going to pay with the new tax law/stipulation/whatever it's called
I simply refuse to sell used gear on sites that ask for info to 1099 me. Im dying on this hill. Ill sell my 30 year old pedal in a back alley like a bag of dope before I explain to some jerkoff how I actually LOST 10 bucks on the sale after depreciation and expenses.

Back