Debating a tele trade

spawnofthesith

Shredder
I have had a continuous love/hate relationship with my thinskin AV '55 tele. I decided life is to short for gear that I even hate only some of the time. Listed it for sale/trade last night.

Someone offered me a 2000 '52 AVRI tele for trade. How are these guitars? I feel like I've generally heard good things about AVRI stuff

Looking at reverb the earlier ones like this seem to sell for less than newer ones. I feel like value wise its a fair trade, especially because my tele needs a tone pot replacement, has had the jack replaced with electrosocket, has quite a bit of wear and chipping in the finish (as to be expected with the "think skin"), warped pickguard, obnoxiously sticky neck that I've gone over with scotch brite, etc. (all this bluntly detailed in my listing)/ TBH I have no idea why he wants to do this trade. He also expressed that if I didnt trade he would try and sell his tele and give me the cash asking price

The notion of having some cash is nice, but still having a tele would also be nice. If I liked it
:idk:

What says TGF?

Life’s too short .

Be happy and do the trade, or even better let him buy it from you.

Can’t be worse off with the trade, but I’d want the cash to have more options .

I have had a continuous love/hate relationship with my thinskin AV '55 tele. I decided life is to short for gear that I even hate only some of the time. Listed it for sale/trade last night.

Someone offered me a 2000 '52 AVRI tele for trade. How are these guitars? I feel like I've generally heard good things about AVRI stuff

Looking at reverb the earlier ones like this seem to sell for less than newer ones. I feel like value wise its a fair trade, especially because my tele needs a tone pot replacement, has had the jack replaced with electrosocket, has quite a bit of wear and chipping in the finish (as to be expected with the "think skin"), warped pickguard, obnoxiously sticky neck that I've gone over with scotch brite, etc. (all this bluntly detailed in my listing)/ TBH I have no idea why he wants to do this trade. He also expressed that if I didnt trade he would try and sell his tele and give me the cash asking price

The notion of having some cash is nice, but still having a tele would also be nice. If I liked it
:idk:

What says TGF?
What’s up with your AV55?

My experience has been that the 2013 and later AV series > the 2000s AVRI stuff. That’s an opinion though. I like the fatter AV necks and their more pronounced fretboard edge rolling.

You may NOT be a 50s Tele kind of guy. :idk

That '52 is not going to be that much different from the '55 when you get down to play and feel.

Back