Gear Regrets: Turkey Modeler Edition!

I went Fractal my first venture into modeling.

were the millers no ragrets GIF

I'll go:

Regret buying:

1. Helix LT. Believe it or not, whilst they sound great of course, I was just like "Jesus H Christ this thing is massive. Do not want. Why can't they just make a little one?"
2. Amplifire 3 and AmplifireBox. I really, really wanted to like these, but goddamn the Mesa models sucked crusty balls, and the UI's (yes, I'm commenting on UI) were from a 90's Casio alarm clock. I literally bought two of each, because two or more firmware updates claimed to be the one! The real deal! Nah.
3. Any POD between the OG and the HD. Ugh, just utter crap. I actually really liked the original, and I even got some pretty great sounds from the HD series. But the XT and the X3 sucked ass.

Regret selling:

1. All three HX Stomps. I keep on selling them thinking I don't need them once I get a Fractal. But honestly, they're a unique fit for what they are, for sure. They sound great, they've got some unique effects, and they're just damn fun to use, IMO.
2. Both FM3's. I don't know why I sold them. The first one is because I think I got frustrated, and the second was because the FM9T was on the way. But damnit, I could have used both!

Regret Buying:

Strymon Iridium

I guess it was a little too “meh” for me. As soon as I plugged it in and loaded a few of my favorite impulse responses, I immediately boxed it up, sent it back, and ordered an HX Stomp.

Regret Selling:

Axe-FX III

I thought the FM3 would be good enough, but I really miss having first access to those beta releases.

Zoom 9000

I wish I still had it if only for nostalgia.

I remember that time dearly when I was the only one who ever bought a Stomp 3 times.

:unsure::hmm:rofl
Yup, two black ones and a gray one! The first one was so close to release, they hadn't even released a compatible HX Edit for it, so I learned the device really well. Goddamn I miss that little guy. And the one after it. And the one after that.

I don’t think I have any for this one.

I’ve been glad I at least tried out all the ones I’ve bought. Even if I don’t keep them.

I never really regret selling them because they always seem to come back around. My Hullett was literally one of a kind, but the world is full of modelers.

Ask me again in a few weeks though and I’ll probably have a different answer…

Back