Friedman SS v2

He's a pretty simple guy in general, it's probably better off he doesn't even attempt it. He's also the same guy I reference in all my recording stories about dealing with a guitarist who only cares about what an amp sounds in the room and refused to dial in his amp for the songs we were recording. :rofl He's actually a really great dude, very genuine and laid back, but he's definitely a pedals/amp guy only.

Friedmans are kind of foolproof. Very hard to actually dial in a bad sound on them. The whole range of taper on the controls tend to be pleasing.
Hot rod marshalls were never even my thing but the above is why i converted to such a friedman fanboy. Its nearly impossible to get them to sound bad. Unlike my decade of fighting with mesas everytime i changed volumes i had to re-eq. They just work. And if i need more of a scooped sound, i use an eq pedal.

Hot rod marshalls were never even my thing but the above is why i converted to such a friedman fanboy. Its nearly impossible to get them to sound bad. Unlike my decade of fighting with mesas everytime i changed volumes i had to re-eq. They just work. And if i need more of a scooped sound, i use an eq pedal.

Which Friedman’s are you rocking?

And this is exactly why I modded my BE100, the damn thing was too polite. :)

He's a pretty simple guy in general, it's probably better off he doesn't even attempt it. He's also the same guy I reference in all my recording stories about dealing with a guitarist who only cares about what an amp sounds in the room and refused to dial in his amp for the songs we were recording. :rofl He's actually a really great dude, very genuine and laid back, but he's definitely a pedals/amp guy only.
/triggered. :LOL:

Which Friedman’s are you rocking?
Right this moment - none. In a moment of lunacy i sold my WW Smallbox50.

Ive also had Runt 20, JJ Jr, WW20, Twin Sister, and had like 5 of his synergy modules. Of all that the only thing i didnt jive with was the Twin Sister.

I want to see what else is coming up for release for the holidays. I was under the impression a JEL20 would have been released by now, but that appears to have been unfounded.

Currently i have his BEBB, 800 and plexi modules. I have a growing appreciation for his lower gain tones.

Id like to one day get a custom 50 with a BE in ch1 and one of his more extreme scooped circuits as ch2. Or a Naked.

Maybe ill just get a PTv2 after the holidays. I dunno. I was hoping the synergy BE Deluxe would be out by now as well.

I haven't. They sound good from the demos. Sounds like a modded plexi to me. I think the master volume implementation is key.

Yeah, supposedly the MV was amazing on the v1. Think some normies are starting to get theirs as they trickle out now, will be curious to see the initial feedback.

I’m circling the drain on a SSv2 or BE100. I wish I could inject the v2 demos straight into my veins so far. :ROFLMAO:

What sort of mods did you do to the BE100?

Right this moment - none. In a moment of lunacy i sold my WW Smallbox50.

Ive also had Runt 20, JJ Jr, WW20, Twin Sister, and had like 5 of his synergy modules. Of all that the only thing i didnt jive with was the Twin Sister.

I want to see what else is coming up for release for the holidays. I was under the impression a JEL20 would have been released by now, but that appears to have been unfounded.

Currently i have his BEBB, 800 and plexi modules. I have a growing appreciation for his lower gain tones.

Id like to one day get a custom 50 with a BE in ch1 and one of his more extreme scooped circuits as ch2. Or a Naked.

Maybe ill just get a PTv2 after the holidays. I dunno. I was hoping the synergy BE Deluxe would be out by now as well.

The PT2 does look really cool. Would love for one of the savages here to put it through its paces and share some thoughts on it.

Yeah, supposedly the MV was amazing on the v1. Think some normies are starting to get theirs as they trickle out now, will be curious to see the initial feedback.

I’m circling the drain on a SSv2 or BE100. I wish I could inject the v2 demos straight into my veins so far. :ROFLMAO:

What sort of mods did you do to the BE100?
The guy I bought my Jel100 and Komet from has the v2. He's trying to sell it as he says it's too close to his PhilX and worth more. Maybe reach out to him on TGP. His user name is Justin.

Quite a few mods on the BE100, variable negative feedback, resonance with frequency shifts, treble shift in the tone stack and a raw mod. I may be missing some...

NAD is always a great day! Yesterday was one of those!
It is EXACTLY what I was hoping it would be and more.
Sounds phenomenal! I've owned several Friedman's over the past 7 years and for me, this is the one.
Simple, not a lot of switches to change, just pure great Friedman tone.

Thx to Dave and of course my bud Rob@Tone Merchants!

IMG_0925.jpeg

IMG_0928.jpeg

IMG_0927.jpeg

IMG_0926.jpeg

Last edited:
Back