Friedman SS v2

nothing-you-can-say-or-do-will-stop-it-dr-mindbender.gif

#facts

I can never get on with the sound of Reza's videos, but I checked out the video SS and Friedman did together a week or two ago and thought it sounded incredible there.

I've always wanted the original SS amp but I'm way too poor for that shit

I can never get on with the sound of Reza's videos, but I checked out the video SS and Friedman did together a week or two ago and thought it sounded incredible there.

I've always wanted the original SS amp but I'm way too poor for that s**t
Ugh. Tell me about it on all of this. Does sound great though.

I've always wanted the original SS amp but I'm way too poor for that s**t

I dig Reza’s demos because he doesn’t slap a bunch of pedals in the chain, or add a bunch of post processing. Just straight forward riffage which I think gives me a better idea of what it will sound like in person. My only ‘problem’ is the amount of unobtainium he demos. (Boutique amps custom modded by legends, that I’ll never be able to play) #gearenvy

I dig Reza’s demos because he doesn’t slap a bunch of pedals in the chain, or add a bunch of post processing. Just straight forward riffage which I think gives me a better idea of what it will sound like in person. My only ‘problem’ is the amount of unobtainium he demos. (Boutique amps custom modded by legends, that I’ll never be able to play) #gearenvy
I agree man, some of those amps are beyond top tier. Honestly though, some of his vids convinced me that I needed "that amp." No regerts.

Friedman amps are awesome, I have a BE100 and a Dirty Shirley, I will never sell them. I used to have a Small Box and I regret selling it, I thought it was redundant since I had the BE100 but the Small Box has it's own character which is special in it's own way, I really miss it and look forward to getting another one. Dave's support is top notch, it's like the guy never takes a day off. His amps are a bit spendy but IMHO they are worth every penny.

i dunno. i don't get the hate for reza. of course, i know reza and consider him a friend, and he has always been cool to me.

he isn't getting paid to do these things, so it's amazing to me that people b*tch about s**t they get for free.
I think people tend to take him a certain way from what I have seen. Especially on forums. He has made some clips that sound great and some others, not so much. It would certainly be nice to have the kind of gear access :guiness

i dunno. i don't get the hate for reza. of course, i know reza and consider him a friend, and he has always been cool to me.

he isn't getting paid to do these things, so it's amazing to me that people b*tch about s**t they get for free.

No hate from me; I just don't enjoy his tones

Because he’s a total asshole to anyone who says anything in the slightest against whatever amp he has for sale. He quit another forum and went on a tirade going on about how he dosent play “wanna be” amps and everyone is an asshole because I told him his slo sounded a little boxy, then makes a video about “hate speech” on the internet.

My only issue w/ Reza is it seems like every single amp demo he does sounds like Celestion Alnico Cream first, amp second. Those are pretty atypical speakers and while he has a bunch of high gain amp videos it seems like he has exactly one cab. Those are a total oddball speaker (from my perspective) so nothing he's doing ever translates to the real world (that I live in).

Friedman amps are awesome, I have a BE100 and a Dirty Shirley, I will never sell them. I used to have a Small Box and I regret selling it, I thought it was redundant since I had the BE100 but the Small Box has it's own character which is special in it's own way, I really miss it and look forward to getting another one. Dave's support is top notch, it's like the guy never takes a day off. His amps are a bit spendy but IMHO they are worth every penny.

I used to send Dave these ridiculous e-mails asking about modding the dumbest sh*t, the most memorable one was “Hey, I have a solid state Peavey XXL, they have a tube version called the XXX, but I was wondering if you could mod the XXL to be a tube amp because I really prefer it over the XXX?”

(For the record, I ended up owning both the XXX and the XXL at the same time for years, there’s practically no tonal difference aside from the balls a tube amp has when cranking it. Pre-amp wise, they nearly sound identical and can absolutely cross paths all over the place)

The dude would answer every e-mail, regardless of how f*cking dumb they were. And they were all dumb.

I have a Dave story but my mama said if I dont have anything nice to say…….

He does build great amps. I wouldn’t discourage anyone from buying one. I have 3, myself.

I always was critical of Dave complaining about modelers 24x7 while trying to sell you the unflattest 97lb powered speaker ever created for $1500. But I have also heard nonstop great stories on the customer side of things as far as actual guitar amps. So eh? If I was spending that much $; I'd certainly trust him.

Hot take:

Friedman's are a like taking a really pretty woman, inflating her tits out
of all proportion to her body, injecting her lips with collagen to the point
that they no longer move, and then lifting her ass so high you are not sure
if she actually has a back any more.

It's just what we do in our culture. "New and improved" is sometimes just "new."

There was nothing wrong with those Marshalls. Which is why so many players
and amp builders still chase them down.

My only issue w/ Reza is it seems like every single amp demo he does sounds like Celestion Alnico Cream first, amp second. Those are pretty atypical speakers and while he has a bunch of high gain amp videos it seems like he has exactly one cab. Those are a total oddball speaker (from my perspective) so nothing he's doing ever translates to the real world (that I live in).

Good point.

Not sure what’s cheaper, the Friedman amp or an all Alnico Cream loaded cab. :ROFLMAO:

I was properly braced for $3,799

giphy.gif

$4,299

giphy.gif

I’m sure it’s awesome.

giphy.gif

Taken from my Ring camera when logging in to Sweetwater this morning…

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Back