Free updates - where does it stop?

I dunno. I feel like Eagle provided the clarification here. There’s a difference between simply releasing a new product (like Helix after HD500x or HX FX after M9) and releasing a direct successor that causes an older product to cease production.

Pointing to the coexistence of HD500 and Pocket POD and Helix as a counterpoint to this claim isn’t really relevant—they’re vastly different and don’t compete in the same space.

The pain point, as I read Eagle’s account, is when a successor causes an older product to cease production, making it harder to get unique parts for the now-replaced product.

I’m reading two different arguments between the two of you, not two sides of one argument.
Even in arguendo this was the point...what was the last Line 6 product that was released that _caused_ an older product to cease production?

Alright. Imma leave you two to it. I clearly have no idea why there’s so much contention, and I have no dog in this fight.

giphy.gif

Alright. Imma leave you two to it. I clearly have no idea why there’s so much contention, and I have no dog in this fight.
No hate just on the receiving end of poor or no support for products in for repair over the years. Paid fanboys piss me off.

No hate just on the receiving end of poor or no support for products in for repair over the years. Paid fanboys piss me off.
It’s one thing to have experience and want to convey concerns. It’s a totally different thing to come on here and accuse people of being on a company’s payroll.

If you are going to start making those kinds of accusations put up some proof or move on.

It’s one thing to have experience and want to convey concerns. It’s a totally different thing to come on here and accuse people of being on a company’s payroll.

If you are going to start making those kinds of accusations put up some proof or move on.
I said he was behaving like one and so are you.

I honestly don't care what he calls me, I'd just like a concrete example of what he's talking about.
I'm curious what the consumer laws for electronics is; for example, auto manufacturers in the US are held to making parts available for 10 years past discontinuation of the iteration of the car, as far as I can tell. I wonder if there's something similar for consumer electronics.

I'm curious what the consumer laws for electronics is; for example, auto manufacturers in the US are held to making parts available for 10 years past discontinuation of the iteration of the car, as far as I can tell. I wonder if there's something similar for consumer electronics.
Scaling that standard to a $399 Pod XT leads to about a month and half of availability...

Back