Fractal Talk

Nothing can replace a sweet JCM800 in my book. That said, the Atomica, Cornford, and Splawns are
all worthy of checking out, if you have not done so yet.
Love all those amps. The new 2203 has been a god-send in terms of how inspiring and fun it is to play. Tried Cornfords but they sounded a but too refined. Camerons and Splawns are fabulous as well. They’re in my regular roundup of amps.

Only one caveat:
It has been very clear that a lot of users really appreciate the FAS original models.

Calling authenticity "the only true goal" is a very arrogant opinion, and not shared by a lot of users. You have a lot of Jay Mitchell in you. You think your goals are the only ones worth perusing for everyone. You have a tendency to put anyone not of your mindset as newbies or idiots.
Ya. Some people want as close a representation of the real amp as possible in their modelers and I understand that.

The problem with that is the real amps are sometimes finicky and are best dialed in with certain settings and some settings are unusable. Hence, the recent Recto thread.
It's frustrating to those that don't have exposure to the real amps as we don't know the preferred settings or how to make it sound great right away.
Having said that, authenticity does help the other way if we ever had to use the real amp after finding the settings on the Fractal.

Feature request, when you load a new amp, it doesn't have BMT on 5 but loads a ballpark setting that's often preferred.

It's frustrating to those that don't have exposure to the real amps as we don't know the preferred settings or how to make it sound great right away.
No Not really I will just tweak till it sounds golden for me
I dont find tweaking's to be a chore, it is in fact something i enjoy very much as its part of learning
Ill load a Mesa Rect. at stock and go Ughh thats sounds like ass , but 2-30 Minutes later im grinning ear to ear Now thats more like it

But you know thats me and my ways

YMMV

:beer :guiness

Feature request, when you load a new amp, it doesn't have BMT on 5 but loads a ballpark setting that's often preferred.
Based on Helix, that makes it pretty annoying to compare different amps. I think the BMT on 5 is fine, but I do wish you didn't have to set the unit to Ideal mode to retain those settings between amp model changes.

I see no harm in keeping the same basic settings and letting various differences under the hood highlight what happens if you use amp A at whatever settings vs amp B at those same knob positions.

Based on Helix, that makes it pretty annoying to compare different amps. I think the BMT on 5 is fine, but I do wish you didn't have to set the unit to Ideal mode to retain those settings between amp model changes.

I see no harm in keeping the same basic settings and letting various differences under the hood highlight what happens if you use amp A at whatever settings vs amp B at those same knob positions.
kind of a bad example since the Helix needs the most tweaking out of most modelers out of the box. at least for me anyway. The sounds are in there but are rarely accurate until adjustments are made.

, but 2-30 Minutes later im grinning ear to ear Now thats more like it

:beer :guiness
I laughed at the 2-30 minutes part. I have kids, 30 minutes is sometimes all I have to record some parts.

Is it all on the developers/designers or is anything ever to be expected on the user end?

#rhetorical
test guy GIF

Is it all on the developers/designers or is anything ever to be expected on the user end?

#rhetorical
Lol. I guess we should just ignore all wish/feature requests then. It's only our money that funds everything. Adding an amp and not having to screw around with it isn't a big ask.
Having to put some amps at 0,0,10 isn't something that everyone knows.
Having never owned a Boogie it wasnt until Leon posted content that I learned the tone stack topology.

Last edited:
Lol. I guess we should just ignore all wish/feature requests then. It's only our money that funds everything. Adding an amp and not having to screw around with it isn't a big ask.

Bigger problem is, round up two dozen random users and ask them to list their top 5 requests and they will definitely be all over the map enough to be impossible to prioritize for implementation.

Bigger problem is, round up two dozen random users and ask them to list their top 5 requests and they will definitely be all over the map enough to be impossible to prioritize for implementation.
Understood. I was just throwing it out there. Not expecting for it to get done. Just a suggestion. For certain amps all 5's is good. For others it might be pointless to have it set that way.

Having to put some amps at 0,0,10 isn't something that everyone knows.
Having never owned a Boogie it wasnt until Leon posted content that I learned the tone stack topology.

Huh? Is that what I said? :idk

I simply asked if it is all on the developers/designers to spoon fed the end user, or does the end user
have some obligation to uhmmmm..... maybe learn a thing or two?

I also get how consumer feedback works. But if we are basing things on "actual" amps/effects and not
pacifying the ignorance/inexperience of the end user then how does that end game look??

Huh? Is that what I said? :idk

I simply asked if it is all on the developers/designers to spoon fed the end user, or does the end user
have some obligation to uhmmmm..... maybe learn a thing or two?

You can get all defensive about it, but that won't make me think better of your argument here. :LOL:

Im not being defensive really, i just wouldn't say it's spoon feeding. Spoon feeding is using only the pre-configured presets and those are mostly great. Just cascade those settings to the defaults when the amp is loaded to a fresh preset

Im not being defensive really, i just wouldn't say it's spoon feeding. Spoon feeding is using only the pre-configured presets and those are mostly great

And there are some users that actually don’t want to bother learning a single thing except where the output 1 volume knob is, and they rely on factory and third party presets. Not a ton, but enough to warrant selling presets apparently.

And there are some users that actually don’t want to bother learning a single thing except where the output 1 volume knob is, and they rely on factory and third party presets. Not a ton, but enough to warrant selling presets apparently.
I'm kind of guilty of that. I created a rockman preset only to find Mokes was fantastic. So I bought it. The grass is sometimes greener.....

Back