Found my next amp. Not quite $4k!

I'm not a big Beatles fan, but I love what their influence did in other bands. Most of all I'm thankful they did Sgt. Peppers and spurred the whole "let's use the studio as an instrument" aspect of recording, that was huge. It's rare their songs, themselves, do much for me though. Perfect example of what I mean is the Beatles-esque harmonies in King's X, absolutely love that sh*t, more than I do in the Beatles.

I remember that time when I willingly listened to the Beatles.
IMG_1327.gif

I Wanna Hold Your Hand, Tiwst and Shout and Eleanor Rigby are the only Beatles songs we need.

Last edited:
As long as we're opening this can of worms, I may as well say that I haven't been able to get into Dream Theater.
I like everything up to and including System of Chaos. Everything after that is a master class in circlejerking. Yes, even more so than the earlier work. And even more meaningless.

I'm not a big Beatles fan, but I love what their influence did in other bands. Most of all I'm thankful they did Sgt. Peppers and spurred the whole "let's use the studio as an instrument" aspect of recording, that was huge. It's rare their songs, themselves, do much for me though. Perfect example of what I mean is the Beatles-esque harmonies in King's X, absolutely love that sh*t, more than I do in the Beatles.
Man, I’ve been trying, unsuccessfully, to clearly sum up my thoughts on the Beatles, for decades, and you may have just the nail right on the head.

I like how you could hear the Beatles growth in their songwriting and innovation, over the course of their career. I mean really, some of their best music was made after they broke up, and really knew what they were doing, especially Harrison.

I like everything up to and including System of Chaos. Everything after that is a master class in circlejerking. Yes, even more so than the earlier work. And even more meaningless.

This is pretty much where I’m at, though I can’t name a single song on Systematic Chaos, I remember this is where I dropped off. I know I started losing interest with Octavarium but that was mostly because I was getting into more straight forward metal.

Back