Forums are best

JiveTurkey

Goatlord
TGF Recording Artist
So up front; thanks to all who have signed up for our little hang. A lot of cool people from a lot of cool places have showed up and showed out here and it is great to see.

I like forums. Other forms of social media are fine. But I don't want to have these discussions on FB, IG, Twitter, WTFever. I like the forum format. Call me old; whatever. Don't care. I love it. Thanks for signing up and participating! :beer:beer:beer

So up front; thanks to all who have signed up for our little hang. A lot of cool people from a lot of cool places have showed up and showed out here and it is great to see.

I like forums. Other forms of social media are fine. But I don't want to have these discussions on FB, IG, Twitter, WTFever. I like the forum format. Call me old; whatever. Don't care. I love it. Thanks for signing up and participating! :beer:beer:beer
Totally agree. Have always been active on discussion forums for my hobbies or areas of interest. The format works so well.

Thanks for you and the initial gang for giving us a new (needed!) place to hang out.

Last edited:
I only do the phone-based social media thing sitting on the toilet in the mornings. :rofl

Forums I only really view on a laptop/ipad because I hate reading long posts on cell phones. This is year 28 that I’ve been posting on forums and never even made the attempt to start my own, or be part of a start up.

It’s certainly been REALLY cool seeing this place go from three of us testing it to not being able to keep up with threads within the first week! @JiveTurkey and @NamelessSoul have done FAR more work than I have, I just sh*tpost. :crazy

Forums are best

They are. Facebook and Facebook groups pretty much killed forums, but they are still the best source of information. It wasn't once that I googled something and found a helpful 15 years old post on some forum.
Hopefully they make a comeback now that young people are starting to leave Facebook. So it'll be us old farts and kids on forums :LOL:

Thanks to everyone involved in starting this one!

Thanks to you guys, I love forums too.

I love this place and the format. Came running like a 5 yo going to his first party, when Jive called on me. Glad I did. I’ll stay put, no need for another forum than this. 100% because of the members. Love you all.

Last edited:
Forums are the only social media I participate in, they are the perfect social media format imo.
Forums are neatly organized and have topics that people can choose to participate in, add to the conversation, and share ideas and files that can easily be found later, unlike other social media where your post is gone the next day (or sometimes in minutes) never to be found again.

Forums are the only social media I participate in, they are the perfect social media format imo.
Forums are neatly organized and have topics that people can choose to participate in, add to the conversation, and share ideas and files that can easily be found later, unlike other social media where your post is gone the next day (or sometimes in minutes) never to be found again.
Well said man!

This fucking place put at least 5 more lbs on my ass this week. Thanks a lot!!!! ;)

I kid. This is a swell hang, with some new to me peeps and some old to me peeps. I really
enjoy the mixture of some serious credibility and knowledge being shared in an atmosphere
that is not too stuffy and doesn't take itself so seriously all the time. A cool blend of humour,
heart, and hutzpah!

Cheers all! First round is on moi!!! :beer

I also agree that forums are far superior for exchanging knowledge (and archiving it!). Forums are nicely organized and indexed, whereas most social media nowadays is like walking into a library where every book fell off the shelf and the card catalog is scattered all over the floor.

Agreed. Plus the pics and memes!! 😊

Back