Food preferences considered weird or strange. Give it up!

Put the mayo/mustard ON THE BREAD! Yeah Subway- I'm talking to you! I get them to put it on first because when it's squirted out of those bottles onto the toppings like they do, it's the first thing that squirts out of the sandwich all over your hands when you take a bite. There's a reason every sandwich that was made before they came along was done this way: The bread helps hold it in place. They changed that because it made it easier for them to turn making sandwiches to order, while you wait, into their version of Henry Ford's auto assembly line.

But they will do it right if you ask. Just ignore the odd looks.

I also like the pepper on the tomatoes. And lots of it.

I love that nasal burn you get from Horseradish, so much so that I'll ask for it to be from a new jar, if it has lost its potency. Which apparently is a thing, and doesn't take very long. Then I'll mix so much of it into the cocktail sauce that it lights me up. My ex used to laugh at my reaction watching me eat it on shrimp.

Last but not least- potato chips on tunafish sandwiches. However many I can fit before they start to fall off!

I've not tried it myself, but I've seen oreos dipped into nacho cheese enjoyed by multiple people.
The first person was labelled a psychopath until the others were convinced to try it. :rofl

I've not tried it myself, but I've seen oreos dipped into nacho cheese enjoyed by multiple people.
The first person was labelled a psychopath until the others were convinced to try it. :rofl
no man GIF

I saw a thing recently where folks enjoy dunking oreos in whiskey or bourbon. I'd definitely try it.

Not sure this is strange, but as a child I loved banana and mayonnaise sandwiches.
Also used mayonnaise as a dip for my Ruffles chips. Not anymore though.

Klaussen Dill slices on whole wheat bread with chunky peanut butter. Yeah it sounds like pregnancy food.

A buddy and I jokingly came up with the idea when we were 16 - oddly enough there was no alcohol or "herbal remedies" involved. We were waiting to be repulsed but have both eaten it since then. Still just as good- albeit an odd thought to follow through on.

Klaussen Dill slices on whole wheat bread with chunky peanut butter. Yeah it sounds like pregnancy food.

A buddy and I jokingly came up with the idea when we were 16 - oddly enough there was no alcohol or "herbal remedies" involved. We were waiting to be repulsed but have both eaten it since then. Still just as good- albeit an odd thought to follow through on.

This probably works in the classic, sweet and sour sense of marrying the sugar in the peanut butter with vinegar from the pickles, as well as offsetting the fat in the peanut butter (with the brine vinegar)

👍

So this is not so much an example of regularly eaten food, but when traveling overseas I've tried some more "local foods" out of curiosity.

Food item: Durian - Tips: Stop breathing through your nose before the first bite, actually before it's cut open. Other than that, consistency like greek yogurt. Seriously, do not breathe through your nose - You're welcome.

Food item: Monkey on a stick - I'm positive that's what it was. Tasted pretty darn good, kind of like hibachi beef. This is street vendor/edge of the jungle food.

Food item: Lumpia and Rice - yes more please. Small Phillipino eggroll. Good stuff.

Food item: Requires quite a bit of hard alcohol before hand especially if you know what it is.- Balout (pronounced Balooot). Again, don't breathe through your nose, just suck the contents out of the eggshell and swallow it as fast as you can. If there are any "solids" a quick crush with the rear molars and get it down. Apply generous amounts of high proof alcohol immediately after ingesting, preferably a few shots to kill any potential nasties.

Food /Beverage item: MoonPie/Coke - How in the AF do you get ice cold Coke in the bottle in the middle of a Jungle where the humidity is like 110% and it's 105F outside and you have no electricity? If I smell another moonpie in my lifetime, I think I'll just vomit on the spot.

Closing note: Every bottle of San Miguel tastes a little different in the Phillipines - take that for what it's worth.

Last edited:
My grandma put syrup on her chicken and dumplings, so we did that growing up.

I used to make peanut butter yogurt sandwiches in elementary school.

I dipped pepperoni pizza in a chocolate fountain - really good!

Nothing goes as good with bacon as a tall glass of milk :love

I think lots of people put chocolate candy in the freezer, but frozen skittles are a delightful sensory experience. Frozen pringles too

I’m addicted to the whole milk… I was drinking a half a gallon a day with my doctor sez’ WTF? Are you a farmer? Lol

I’ve had to cut myself off for the last nine months as it’s all sugar

Back