Food preferences considered weird or strange. Give it up!

Bob Zaod

Rock Star
C'mon it's not like you are baring your soul. What are some of your food/drink preferences that either you or someone else thinks is weird? My wife was just making fun of me about some of mine and here they are..

I love pickles by themselves but I dont like them in/on other foods.
The only way I will eat raw onions are chopped up on a hot dog in a bun
I get grossed out having crunchy things inside of soft food but love soft things in crunchy food
I cannot bring myself to eat hummus just because of how it looks
I wont eat mayo on a ham sandwich unless the bread is toasted or grilled. Else it's mustard.
I like bleu cheese EXCEPT with wings. Gotta have ranch for wings

Ok thats it for now. Cant think of any more.

I’m coming around on pickles more these days but I generally prefer them on their own. Put one on a burger and I’ll f*ckin’ slap someone, especially if it’s fast food. Oh my god those taste like they’re pickled in piss.

I used to not be able to eat my food if it touched something else on my plate. Had to chuckle when that exact situation popped up on a show I was watching recently.

LOVE crunchy things in softer foods, especially salads.

I guess I’m fairly normal when it comes to food these days. I put ketchup on kielbasa, not sure if that’s weird or not?

Oh, usually once a year I’ll get the urge to eat an onion like an apple, then get repulsed by it 90% into it and supplement it with hummus. :rofl

LOVE crunchy things in softer foods, especially salads.

Same here. I put something crunchy onto/into pretty much everything. Fresh roasted cashews in otherwise soft-ish asian food. Tortilla chips in a sandwich (needless to say, you need to consume it instantly after preparation). Etc. There's pretty much nothing where roasted walnuts would not fit.

Same here. I put something crunchy onto/into pretty much everything. Fresh roasted cashews in otherwise soft-ish asian food. Tortilla chips in a sandwich (needless to say, you need to consume it instantly after preparation). Etc. There's pretty much nothing where roasted walnuts would not fit.

Chips in a sandwich! One of my all time favorites, especially Cool Ranch Doritos in anything!

Pickled Red Onions are a cool option for those who don't like the Hamburger Dill slices on Burgers or Sammiches.

You still get that bite/tang of the Vinegar without that Dill. Always have a jar here and they get used up pretty fast. :chef

Pickled Red Onions are a cool option for those who don't like the Hamburger Dill slices on Burgers or Sammiches.

You still get that bite/tang of the Vinegar without that Dill. Always have a jar here and they get used up pretty fast. :chef
Yes! I have had those. I agree delicious.

Oh, here's another one I just remembered. I hate the taste of coconut, but if you combined with chocolate, I absolutely love it

I love pickled herring. Anyone else a fan?
Creamed too … Wisconsin thing for me iirc

Grandfather ate kadota figs in syrup over Philly cream cheese… he also did banana mayo peanut butter sammiches.

I eat a lot of Vietnamese, but that’s not odd.

I’m coming around on pickles more these days but I generally prefer them on their own.

I used to not be able to eat my food if it touched something else on my plate. Had to chuckle when that exact situation popped up on a show I was watching recently.
HaHa, me too and I think I saw that show too.

I like soggy cereal and let my toast get cold before I butter it because I prefer the taste of unmelted butter on toast, but only on toast. :wat

Reminds me when I was a kid... I used to finish each side item on my plate before moving on to the next. Veggies, then potato, meat last.

I had a colleague, who would only eat one food at a time on his plate. He didn’t necessarily finish the item, but he would only eat one taste at a time. Migrate around his plate.

I had a colleague, who would only eat one food at a time on his plate. He didn’t necessarily finish the item, but he would only eat one taste at a time. Migrate around his plate.
I suppose it's a bit odd. It's like I didn't realize til later on that I could enjoy multiple things at once.:idk

Back