Fixing a Macbook pro

Bob Zaod

Rock Star
Troubleshooting steps

Step 1. Take Macbook Pro to a authorized Apple Store

Step 2. Sell the Macbook Pro to them

Step 3. Use that money to buy a Windows Laptop

Step 4. Burn your skinny jeans, Starbucks card, and horn rimmed glasses.

Step 5. Live happily ever after.

As Christopher Lambert said in Highlander...FIGHT ME DAMN YOU!

giphy.gif

Louis Rossman

:sofa
Man; I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVED his channel for quite some time. Mainly when he was focusing directly on right to repair and mac-centric stuff. Then he seemed to let his locale get the best of him and I tuned out. I should pop back by and take a look :clint

Speaking of horn tooting; I'm glad that mac vs. windows is the biggest hot button topic we have to deal with :beer

Troubleshooting steps

Step 1. Take Macbook Pro to a authorized Apple Store

Step 2. Sell the Macbook Pro to them

Step 3. Use that money to buy a Windows Laptop

Step 4. Burn your skinny jeans, Starbucks card, and horn rimmed glasses.

Step 5. Live happily ever after.

As Christopher Lambert said in Highlander...FIGHT ME DAMN YOU!
I think it's adorable that you think Windows laptops are any better these days. Sounds like you need a Framework laptop. Because otherwise, you're in largely the same boat with Thinkpads, Elitebooks, etc.

p.s. I don't wear skinny jeans (you don't want to see that), I don't go to SBUX, and my glasses (if I'm not wearing contacts) are not hornrimmed.

Also; to be fair (and admittedly late to the party); I stumbled across Windows 11 a little while ago.

:oops: :wat:oops:

And there it is. Ding ding ding... 250 reaction score trophy. Thanks for your help, Mesdames et Messieurs :cool:

I will now triumphantly quaff deeply from the trophy cup - an intoxicating cocktail of champagne, mare's sweat and ambergris

Last edited:
It all boils down to this: I’ve been doing this for over two decades, with Windows, Mac, Linux, Solaris, BSD, etc. I use Macs at home, iPads, iPhones, etc. because yeah, it’s the Kool-Aid, but to me the Kool-Aid tastes good, and all works well together. Security patches don’t bork shit.

I’m on Windows All. Day. Long. For work, and frankly while a given version of Windows might be great, they go and fuck it up with the next release. So I really don’t want to go down that path. Sure, I’ve entertained getting a Windows machine, at times when even Apple frustrated me. But when you look at a good laptop that’s not a Best Buy special turd, it’s literally the same price as a MacBook Air or Pro in the same size. And they’re all doing the soldered RAM/SSD now too, on a lot of the thin/lights.

I prefer Macs for music. I fought with Windows for years on that crap, and while obviously it’s far better in 2022 than it was in 2005, I’m just not interested in trying Windows again for that.

No, Macs aren’t good gaming machines. Don’t care. Have Switch, have PS4, will soon have a Steamdeck. I’m set there.

Use what you want. If it works, then that’s fucking great. But realistically, anyone claiming any sort of great superiority is just stupid these days. NO system is perfect. Nothing Just Works. But for different people, different things work better.

Back