Fixing a Macbook pro

Idgaf about seamless integration I just want to at least transfer files from ANY device without jumping through hoops coughapplecough

• Love
Reactions: JT
Idgaf about seamless integration I just want to at least transfer files from ANY device without jumping through hoops coughapplecough
What hoops? I have no hoops. Well, I like to hoola hoop.

I mean, seamless integration is exactly what we’re talking about, when it comes to file transfers and shit like that.

As long Apple makes sure to lock my Apple ID every 5 minutes so I can't install a crossword app on my Ipad without going through a 37 minute account recovery process; I'm golden.

Obviously I just boomer'd myself.

That goes back to integration though, which you said you didn’t care about. ;)
No I mean Mac to Mac, which is super simple for everything. I thought you didn't care about integrating stuff though?
Okay, now read my post again.
I don't care about synching contacts or email or music, playlists, all of that. Its just kinda lame when I want to backup pictures off my phone it takes the better part of a week because I can only transfer 13 files at a time with janky software, where I can barely get a stable connection to my android phone because Steve Jobs "declared war" on Android for "stealing their design"

Im not a Mac hater, I love my Mac but everything has its flaws it seems or I'm a picky bitch

I don't care about synching contacts or email or music, playlists, all of that. Its just kinda lame when I want to backup pictures off my phone it takes the better part of a week because I can only transfer 13 files at a time with janky software, where I can barely get a stable connection to my android phone because Steve Jobs "declared war" on Android for "stealing their design"

Im not a Mac hater, I love my Mac but everything has its flaws it seems or I'm a picky b*tch
I have 15,000 photos and videos in 250 folders named by date and then event. I installed Mac Photos on all devices and without doing anything, they show up on all devices. Your issue is that you are half Android and half Apple. There is no "jenky software" when you go all Apple. There is LITERALLY NOTHING to do. Things just work. (This coming from a former Windows and Linux guy).

Last edited:

Im not a Mac hater, I love my Mac but everything has its flaws it seems or I'm a picky b*tch
It’s true, everything has its flaws. But that’s not one of them (as far as Apple is concerned). They have no interest in getting things like that working well.
That being said, if you want to move pics, just use Google Drive, and install that in the Mac. Or Dropbox. Or Resilio Sync.
I’ve got my own Nextcloud server, and I move pics, movies, and other files on the regular between Linux, Windows, Mac, and even a Kindle Fire (bastardized Android). Easy peasy.

It’s true, everything has its flaws. But that’s not one of them (as far as Apple is concerned). They have no interest in getting things like that working well.
That being said, if you want to move pics, just use Google Drive, and install that in the Mac. Or Dropbox. Or Resilio Sync.
I’ve got my own Nextcloud server, and I move pics, movies, and other files on the regular between Linux, Windows, Mac, and even a Kindle Fire (bastardized Android). Easy peasy.
I have a NAS set up at home that works well on everything but my android phone :bag

Your issue is that you are half Android and half Apple
Right. If I were half Android and half Windows there wouldn't be such an issue. As it still stands, kinda lame.
they show up on all devices
I wouldn't want all of my pictures on all of my devices, thats just too much! USB cable, see the device, drag and drop, eject, disconnect, and go, please!

It just boils down to :
They have no interest in getting things like that working well
And I think it's kind of lame.

I have a NAS set up at home that works well on everything but my android phone :bag
So, the Android doesn’t work well with Apple or your NAS……maybe it’s not Apple then? :LOL:
Seriously, Google drive works great on Mac. Just use that with your Android.
I mean honestly, Apple not playing nice outside of their ecosystem goes back to the beginning. They never had any interest in it, unless it made them money, or they were forced to.

Back