Fender HM Strat reissue?

Boudoir Guitar

Rock Star
Anybody play one of these? I remember digging the OG but that...was 30 years ago. I tend to prefer a C-shape neck over D, which has me considering one of these over like a Charvel DK24 HSS.

Bridge is a FR Special, so...not psyched on that.

Anybody play one of these? I remember digging the OG but that...was 30 years ago. I tend to prefer a C-shape neck over D, which has me considering one of these over like a Charvel DK24 HSS.

Bridge is a FR Special, so...not psyched on that.
The original had a D neck profile. The new ones a C and a bunch of other differences.

Last edited:
I like them but factor in a new floyd as the special is garbage. They are very well built, better that Charvel MIM but the Charvel is better value and you can easily go and play some and find one that is good. The other guitar that is in the same ballpark is the Ibanez Genesis RG550. This is great apart from the pickups but that is also an issue on the HM. This also has a slim D profile neck

i never did play the reissue ones and was hoping to get one through my fender rep, but they made their production run and haven't done it in over a year, i think.

yeah, the floyd roses they use on their lower-line stuff isn't very good, and i always end up budgeting to replace it with a gotoh floyd, which is absolute favorite of all the floyds out there.

I have one. The light blue one. I originally saw these in guitar mags in the late 80's w/Greg Howe. Was more interested in Kramer and Ibanez at the time so never got an original. When these (reissues?) came out, I wanted one.

Neck is a flatter C shape. I can't really think of anything to compare it to. Kind of: if I put my Strat neck in a vice and squished it.

I haven't gotten it out of it's case for months, so I'll have to do that sometime soon.

I like that it has the contoured heel, like some of the more modern Strats do.

Not thrilled that it came with the Floyd Special, but I can always swap that with a Gotoh or something else.

I'm glad I got it.

Back